Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I don't think there's a worse time for a howler than right after kick off for the second half. I imagine they spent 15 minutes about how to change the plan to get back on top, then this shit happens.

We didn't have any wind in our sails to start with but that error may as well have slashed them.

Agreed with Zatman he'll win us far more points than he costs us though, just a very frustrating performance today.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yea ok its not like you havent critised anyone in this forum guess that makes you childish and embarrassing then 😂

I don't remember having an uneccesary pop at the official Worlds best in his position that has been very consistent since signing

Arsenal Fan TV mentality of only as good as your last game

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Weird to post this but I thought the body language of the players seemed a bit off in the clip the official channels posted of the team arriving. Some of them looked a bit off. I wonder was there a sickness in the camp?

They looked the same as usual? Martinez didn't look any different either to be particular.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don't remember having an uneccesary pop at the official Worlds best in his position that has been very consistent since signing

Arsenal Fan TV mentality of only as good as your last game

Yeah when the worlds best keeper costs us a game he will get criticised as when he plays well he gets praised. You know how it works 

Has anyone called him shit? Called him names? Nope no1

So i dont see how thats "embarrassing" and "childish"

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If that was olsen he would get ruined so emi needs to stop doing **** ups like this.

Gotta be honest, I can't remember him making an error like that for a long time, am I forgetting one (or more) that happened recently (its possible, I have the memory of a goldfish when it comes to things that happen in football)

7 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Gotta be honest, I can't remember him making an error like that for a long time, am I forgetting one (or more) that happened recently (its possible, I have the memory of a goldfish when it comes to things that happen in football)

I actually can't think of a single howler he's made bar today. 

5 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I actually can't think of a single howler he's made bar today. 

Man Utd in January. Let the ball go through his legs for Fernandes goal. 

August 2022 dropped the ball to Jesus against Arsenal. 

There are about 4 or 5 more. 

It happens to the worlds best. He has it in his locker. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Its definitely the 1st this season thats for sure. But look at that spurs keeper. Not one clanger like this. Also rarely see ederson make errors like this

If we want to be challenging for CL emi needs to limit these errors! I love emi though to be clear. He will bounce back

1 hour ago, grobs said:

I am so disappointed in him today. That was so crap. It was clear he wanted to try make it look good from the cameras. If he goes with both hands it’s the easiest save he will ever make. Game would have been different if he didn’t make another mistake 

As harsh as it is to say, your bang on here, looked a bit of a show off, save. They all do it, saw Onana do it yesterday, but unfortuantely today Emi mugged it.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

No im criticising him a fatal error thats cost us the game, that is allowed?

Or shall we only criticise olsen when he does it?

How did it cost us the game. We never scored. Never really threatened. Didn't cost us anything.  Teams have stinkers. If we didn't we be league champions. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

No excuses for the second goal - embarrassing. Imagine if Olsen did that 

Yeah difference is that Emi has massive credit in the bank for so much of the outstanding things he’s done for us.  It’s a mistake, it happens, it’s not embarrassing, it’s a mistake that he’ll learn from.  Olsen is just a poor keeper at this level.

14 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

How did it cost us the game. We never scored. Never really threatened. Didn't cost us anything.  Teams have stinkers. If we didn't we be league champions. 

The second goal absolutely stuffed us. Literally we went on the attack and then he made the mistake straight after early 2nd half. After that the teams heads dropped.

That goal cost ius the game. I thibk at 1-0 i think we would have had the confidence to get back into it. 2 away from home game over.

• Like 1

Â