Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I think it's funny. I hope he didn't get thrown it by the crowd and actually printed the face off himself and found a doll to stick it onto.

Mbappe is going to win everything in football. It's ok to take the piss he hasn't won this one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He won’t be back mate.  Hopefully back for Spurs. The partying is going to be ridiculous though. Imagine if Grealish was still around and England won it. We wouldn’t have seem him for weeks! 

See I think that's crazy, essentially forfeiting a game just so a player can spend an extra few days on the piss 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Probably relates to the fact that Mbappe said European countries always win the World Cup. 

Martinez is only having a laugh. He does respect him as demonstrated after the game

0_Screenshot-2022-12-18-at-181026.jpg

I doubt this was sincere. His antics since show it probably wasn’t. He has crossed the line IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I doubt this was sincere. His antics since show it probably wasn’t. He has crossed the line IMO. 

To be fair I was just reading Mbappe’s quotes about Argentina and Brazil and the level of South American football vs Europe, and you can see why the Argentinians are/were riled up and glad to get one over on him. Still, all a bit silly of Emi.

He's just won the world cup and the golden glove. He's very mildly taking the piss out of one of the biggest names in the sport, someone who has already won a world cup. I think Mbappe will be okay. Argentinians would be eating this up, further cementing his legend. 

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I imagine someone just handed him that doll, he is absolutely off his face and he thought yeah why not I’ll hold it. I doubt he’s gone and made it himself. Although he definitely seems to not like Mbappe so who knows.

Mbappe had a go at South American countries before the tournament and it bizarrely united fans in South America. Was some Brazilian fans cheering for Argentina on Sunday where I was watching the game and explained to me this was the reason why

He did console Mbappe at the final whistle with Macron

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

His agent talking shit to the press dont help things. Welcoming bids.

When do these idiot agents realise that we hold the power he has a massive long contract so if we say he isnt going nowhere he isnt

Maybe we as a club would welcome a huge bid? 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe we as a club would welcome a huge bid? 

Ill be honest if we got a 80m-90m bid id consider cashing in. Emery with that sort of money and any extra that the board would have got emery can really turn us around.

Obviously my preference would be emi stays as i absolutely love him though

• Like 2

Â