Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Kylian Mbappé Laugh GIF - Kylian Mbappé Laugh Qatar2022 ...

Indeed, **** Mbappe! He's a dick. And yer, Caviani has always come across really well. He's really understandable when he speaks Spanish too, which is nice. Respect.

Overall—well done Emi. It's been shocking how few people here in Madrid know he plays for Villa (English people and Spanish people).

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I find all the Martinez bashing a bit over the top to be honest.

it appears to have riled a lot of folk who don’t like seeing a keeper use mind games to gain an advantage during a penalty shoot out, which let’s face it, is in the hands of the taker more than the keeper.

what makes me laugh is the amount of irate people who will happily cheer on the multitude of players who continually dive, feign injury and cheat non-stop throughout games to gain an advantage but take the moral high ground when it comes to the one chance a keeper gets to manipulate the outcome.

it’s totally double standards and blown well out of proportion for what it was.

as for the post tournament celebrations - so what! They are in the epicentre of a national celebration and the Argentinians are a very passionate and patriotic bunch.

Should England ever win anything (unlikely I know) we would be just as euphoric and probably stupidly top it off with some inane rendition of 10 German bombers.

lay off the big man, he has done his country (and us) proud. 

Spot on, No one made a noise with the shithousery last season when rat boy skied one in the 90th minute

• Like 1

People saying Mbappe put 4 past him… it’s 3 pens, one of which in a shootout, another in extra time. Hardly a masterclass, apart from the volley which was exquisite.

None of the goals humiliated Emi - he got a hand to three of them, but it was just the power that got them through.

And ultimately he walks away with the World Cup and the Golden Glove, so the idea Mbappe has one over him is batshit weirdo teenage fanboi chat.

None of this will matter in a week or so anyway.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I can see him becoming a bit of a hate figure for a lot of opposition fans but honestly this'll probably just hype him up even more.

He already was. In a way he's made a rod for his own back as referees are really going to reign him in on penalties. And opposition players are wise to his antics now. But goddam he is our new Bossie.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, robby b said:

What I'm saying is some Arsenal fans and non-Arsenal fans think he wasn't treated well at Arsenal because they think he was better than the keeper (whose name I've fogotten) that started league games but still he was kept back as number two. Including when Unai was manager. So maybe Emi concluded that Unai didn't rate him or believe in him. So is he ok with having that manager suddenly becoming his manager again? I hope so. 

To be fair to Unai, perhaps there wasn't that much difference in the two keepers' ability/performances in reality for all I know! I don't know, I rarely watch domestic games without Villa in them.

I don't know either, but I suspect Emi working with Neil Cutler, has made a significant difference....and I'm sorry Neil has gone.

David Platt wasn't the player at Crewe or Man U.......it happens.

Emi has improved at Villa, so no recriminations towards Arsenal. Their Loss is our gain.

• Like 1

Holt never said a word when Mbappe mocked Kane in the quarter final. Or has ever said anything when rat boy has cheated to win a pen, hell he blatantly tried to cheat one in this world cup yet the ref didn't even book him.

The man's a hack.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Can't stand him. He's also Southgate's chief cheerleader and reacts violently to any criticism of him.

Bloke is a 🛎 end next time he’s blowing Southgates trumpet remind him since Southgate has been manager we’ve played 24 times against teams ranked in the the top 10 and won 4. None of those victories has been at a major tournament!!!

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

People saying Mbappe put 4 past him… it’s 3 pens, one of which in a shootout, another in extra time. Hardly a masterclass, apart from the volley which was exquisite.

None of the goals humiliated Emi - he got a hand to three of them, but it was just the power that got them through.

And ultimately he walks away with the World Cup and the Golden Glove, so the idea Mbappe has one over him is batshit weirdo teenage fanboi chat.

None of this will matter in a week or so anyway.

Penalty takers have a significant advantage over Goal keepers, hence fans throw their hands in the air when one is awarded.

All this nonsense aimed at Emi is desperate, to bring the tribal bias back in to the debate.

The shithousery the Takers use, seems to be brushed under the carpet, with a calm convenience.....Its Barlux.

What they really don't like is a goal keeper who left London, and has managed to save penalties on a too regular basis, for their liking.

One of the best players in the world, is expected to convert penalties.....They need to get the business of penalty taking in to the correct perspective......Goal Keepers are at a huge disadvantage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

Indeed, **** Mbappe! He's a dick. And yer, Caviani has always come across really well. He's really understandable when he speaks Spanish too, which is nice. Respect.

Overall—well done Emi. It's been shocking how few people here in Madrid know he plays for Villa (English people and Spanish people).

I would have guessed no one knows who plays for Villa, some in this country don't, and the media only just about know, we are in the Prem.......However Villa is a typically Spanish name, so I guess, it is surprising.

Â