Emiliano Martínez

hippo

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

This thread since the WCF has taught me that we could win the league and some on here will still find something to complain about. Amazing.  

Yep.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I can’t wait to see Emi do his shithouse routine successfully against one of the Sky 6 and become Sky and TalkSport’s Enemy Numero Uno.

I am with you.

but, you kinda want your goal keepers to go under the radar a bit.......we don't want other teams targeting him, unduly.

I understand him doing it for his country, once in a lifetime, opportunity, so he should take it, and he did.

but I don't want thugs from the opposition targetting him, and him becoming the centre of attention, during our games.

We need to find some balance to it....now and again, in big games is fine for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am with you.

but, you kinda want your goal keepers to go under the radar a bit.......we don't want other teams targeting him, unduly.

I understand him doing it for his country, once in a lifetime, opportunity, so he should take it, and he did.

but I don't want thugs from the opposition targetting him, and him becoming the centre of attention, during our games.

We need to find some balance to it....now and again, in big games is fine for me.

Yeah and to be fair, I think his shithouse reputation is massively overstated. How often have we seen him do it for Villa besides the famous Old Trafford incident? Which was a bullshit penalty and fully deserved reaction from him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah and to be fair, I think his shithouse reputation is massively overstated. How often have we seen him do it for Villa besides the famous Old Trafford incident? Which was a bullshit penalty and fully deserved reaction from him

Bruce Grobelaar was a past master too.

I think it has to be in your personality to do it......some goal keepers would find it affects them adversely.

I agree, its all been something to talk about, instead of the credit for the saves.....perish the thought, of a Villa Player, being praised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WHY said:

Bloke is a 🛎 end next time he’s blowing Southgates trumpet remind him since Southgate has been manager we’ve played 24 times against teams ranked in the the top 10 and won 4. None of those victories has been at a major tournament!!!

Would love that stat to be true as I can't stand Southgate, but unfortunately it's not.

Here's one.....

If Emi was English, would he have been the No1 Goal Keeper for England in the World cup.....Hmmmmmmm

Those are the kind of things, that have us( England) in the bridesmaid places.

Good job for Emi and us,  he is Argentinian.

Edited by TRO

It is being reported that "the most hated man in football" is being touted by just about every Elite club in football....They all want him.

Where could you get this irony any where else, but football.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

It is being reported that "the most hated man in football" is being touted by just about every Elite club in football....They all want him.

Where could you get this irony any where else, but football.

Is he? I haven’t seen this. I’ve seen very vague and unreliable links to Spurs, United and Juventus. If there’s any touting, it’s probably by his agent.

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

Today's news, tomorrow's chip paper. 

They'll be hating someone else next week. Probably Ronaldo again! 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's definitely a shithouse and thats fine by me. Plenty of other top players are the same. Its about time we had someone like that. As a club we've been far too placid for years. I think as Villa fans, we just aren't used to having a player like that.

He's one of the most high profile players in the world presently. We definitely need to try and leverage that as much as possible. 

Absolutely agree. All the “top clubs” have at least one. Strangely they don’t get the same amount of media stick. 

I don't see how it's entirely his decision to stay away.  I would hope there have been discussions with the club and an agreement made for the duration of his absence.  Hopefully he'll be back ASAP cuz we really need him.

10 hours ago, est1874 said:

What strikes me as incredibly futile and ridiculous about all the backlash is that it's directed at an individual who clearly couldn't give a single flying duck about what anyone else has to say.

Part of why he's stirred up "controversy" is his absolute disrespect and disregard for what anybody else thinks.I

It's energy best spent elsewhere.

I think Emi deliberately courts the controversy. The more upset people get the more he loves it and the more he does it. Keep feeding Emi, he’s a big lad and needs his energy levels kept up. 

Â