The AVFC FFP thread

2 hours ago, richp999 said:

In my opinion this is exactly what FFP is *supposed* to do. (for the benefit of the big clubs) 

It really came about because the richest clubs got freaked out when mansour brought city, and suddenly they weren't the biggest clubs around any more. 

Now they have soldified themselves at the top with all the income they don't want anyone else competing with them. 

So create ffp, and stop any billionaires coming in and taking the income off them. 

Its just there to stop all of us 'little' clubs having the opportunity to one day challenge for anything significant. 

All you need to do is watch how they are *still * after man city under ffp.

Incidently villa voted against ffp when it was looking at being introduced. I wonder why? 

We wouldn’t have had an FFP issue had we got promoted though?  So it’s not trying to stifle investment / ambition - it’s trying to stop irresponsible spending which is not backed up by results. 

I just don’t see it as a conspiracy theory - we are being penalised for disastrous decisions / results over a period of time 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spiezels said:

The plan almost worked. But shit happens. Now they’ve gotta sit down and make a new plan. 

I'm not saying that the plan was wrong, maybe just the execution, but the important thing is that we are not being persecuted by FFP, we gambled and lost so now we have to pay the piper. 

8 hours ago, spiezels said:

I’m sorry but if Xia had come in with all his money and first season just gone, actually, you can only have £20mill, the plan is to go youth and over a period of 5 years, get us out the league. We’d have run him out of town.

The plan almost worked. But shit happens. Now they’ve gotta sit down and make a new plan. 

I know we all want to know the ins and outs of the boards financial plan but they can’t just send out a press release revealing it all. Otherwise all the other clubs know our hand. 

Think a lot of villa fans need to take themselves off the forums and social media’s and sit tight for a bit. It’s not healthy all this bickering and speculating. No one know anything at the moment. 

Thats why the papers put out articles like the selling up one, not one quote in there from anyone about a take over or sale just the statement released by xia that had nothing to do with a sale. But they know villa fans will jump on it and the fear/anticipation does the rest. 

..and that shit is called Steve Bruce.

• Like 2

For the first time it seem's that FFP has done its job.

If FFP hadn't been in place over the last 3 seasons we would be in a much bigger pickle than we currently are...

It wouldn't matter if FFP was lifted today, as we haven't got a penny to spend until Xia manages to get his money out of China... if there even is any money in China...

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

For the first time it seem's that FFP has done its job.

If FFP hadn't been in place over the last 3 seasons we would be in a much bigger pickle than we currently are...

It wouldn't matter if FFP was lifted today, as we haven't got a penny to spend until Xia manages to get his money out of China... if there even is any money in China...

So FFP has stumbled across the right outcome simply because of the new regulations in China and because our owner happens to be Chinese? Nope. It's still utter shite.

• Like 1

Just now, Rob182 said:

So FFP has stumbled across the right outcome simply because of the new regulations in China and because our owner happens to be Chinese? Nope. It's still utter shite.

Essentially yes.

FFP is wrong in the fact that if a club has money in the bank and in the owners pocket they should be able to spend it regardless of how much income/loss the accounts show.

However, if a club has no money in the bank with an owner that also has no money then FFP is correct in saying that a club can't spend more money than it is bringing in. This stops the Portsmouth/Leeds situations that have happened in recent years.

Our case is slightly different in that the club has no money (due to the recent years of losses being higher than income), but our owner does have money... he's just not able to bring it into the UK to spend. Had FFP not been in place, the last 2 seasons we could have blown double the amount, not acheived our goal of promotion and currently be sat in a bigger mess than we currently are.

Okay, so here's the new plan, in light of yesterday's revelations.

1) Dr X sorts out the short-term cash-flow issues, through loans or selling other assets that are already outside of China.

2) We get rid of Bruce, Wyness, the old school 'spend big' mentality and bring in some long-term thinkers like Cortese, Dean Smith and half of his Brentford posse.

3) We put on our big boy pants, take a deep breath and sell Grealish, Chester and all of the fringe players that we don't need/ use, plugging the black hole that we were heading towards.

4) We let Dean Smith and his ex-Brentford posse use the newly available funds to build a new team of up-and-comings, mixed in with our youngsters (Green/ O'Hare/ Bree) and experienced heads that we can't shift (Jedinak/ Kodjia).

Piece of piss :lol:

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Had FFP not been in place, the last 2 seasons we could have blown double the amount, not acheived our goal of promotion and currently be sat in a bigger mess than we currently are.

Or, alternatively, had FFP not been in place then Dr X would have pumped money in as he wished in the first few seasons, ignoring the losses that he could take on the chin, before the Chinese regulations got a stronger grip on things in 2018. He could also have just paid outstanding debts on players, taking higher losses in his first season, instead of having to spread our losses out, meaning that we now have outstanding debts coupled with this Chinese law bullshit.

18 hours ago, richp999 said:

It really came about because the richest clubs got freaked out when mansour brought city, and suddenly they weren't the biggest clubs around any more.

a director of man utd, the club with the highest revenue in world football, came up with an idea that your spending is capped based on what you bring in 

?

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Its ok everyone, FFP stops this kind of thing from happening!

I think this is referred to as multiple discovery in the scientific world.  So yes great minds indeed!

When you consider that the average salary of a championship player is around 8-10k per week it's not a shock that we are up shit creek, I doubt we pay anyone a wage that low. 

I'm afraid the whole lot will have to go and we will have to start again. Xia has been putting in 4m a month for 2 years and we have had parachute payments too!

33 minutes ago, KHV said:

I'm afraid the whole lot will have to go and we will have to start again. 

I remember looking at what championship teams did in a normal summer window when it looked like we were heading down - it struck me that some teams had up to 15 in and 15 out, but most averaged a zero net spend or lower. That is where we are now, our advantage will be our academy but otherwise it's taraa to literally everyone else of value (which means Whelan will be staying). 

I heard that when FFP was first introduced the so-called big clubs begged Platini to delay it for a couple of season so they can get themselves 'sorted' for the forthcoming seasons. Platini did just that. 

FFP is a joke and it should never be happening, sometimes I wish there was a breakaway league.

Anyway, UTV! We will be back!!!

On the bright side, we stabilise the wage bill this year and break even on FFP, then next season Tony will have another £13mill he can play with in terms of losses (if China money flowing again), and £13 mill the season after that - if we can get a good solid young base and then add quality season after season then we will do well. It's the sort of rebuild we need, and possibly we'll thank FFP for it in the end. 

Just had a thought about FFP and how it's supposed to help clubs financially...How about helping clubs when they have players (not going to name any) who sit on £80k per week but never play because they are to lazy. I mean, they we're obviously good enough to be signed on such a wage in the first place.

How difficult would it be for a player on a 5 year contract to become lazy after just 1 year of it, the club would most likely need to replace this player costing a huge amount of money again. 

Just a thought.

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Let's just sell everyone (apart from Jack ) and play our under 23's. Would probably the most exciting outcome of this shitstorm.

Yeah I'd be looking forward to old fistface playing the kids 10-15 yards too deep and hoping to nick a goal too. Exciting heh!?

Â