Matty Cash

paul514

It was a really poor tackle, out of frustration that he had been so poor and couldn't get near them, so with Bentancur skipping away from him he went for it anyway. Nothing to suggest it was pre-meditated or part of a wider Villa game plan, but he fully deserved a yellow. A red would have been a bit harsh but with VAR you never know. The sort of tackle that happens about once or twice a game and usually doesn't result in any serious injury.

It is unfortunate that it has caused an injury. Nobody in their right mind wants to see Bentancur out for another extended period, which sadly it looks like he will be. 

The Spurs reaction has been wildly over the top but Villa fans are also stoking the fire. Petty and childish, considering both clubs have a lot more to focus on.

Hopefully we can move on now and none of the Spurs players are looking for a real excuse for retaliation in the return fixture.

Edited by East London Villa
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, East London Villa said:

Hopefully we can move on now and none of the Spurs players are looking for a real excuse for retaliation in the return fixture.

I think the old days of retaliation, out of sight of match officials, disappeared when VAR was introduced. Any retribution guaranteed to do damage to an opponent is likely to be counterproductive.

15 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Spurs fans losing their minds in anger at Cash. It was a poorly timed tackle and a deserved yellow card but it wasn’t that bad. Was it even the Cash tackle that did it as he played on for a while after? 
I get their frustration to a degree tho. If Ben Mee took out another one of our players we’d be raging.

I see their frustration as well.

I don't understand them losing their minds saying Cash was trying to injure him.

They've lost it. Maybe three losses in a row under the first attacking manager football has ever seen has really confused them.

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I see their frustration as well.

I don't understand them losing their minds saying Cash was trying to injure him.

They've lost it. Maybe three losses in a row under the first attacking manager football has ever seen has really confused them.

Their fans are just upset they've lost three in a row and have loads of injuries, so Matty getting the brunt of it.  Some of the comments are over the top, and border line criminal in some cases.  

I hope this doesn’t go on to affect Cash, hopefully he’s ignoring all the bile one social media, it’ll blow over quickly enough but he seems a bit of a sensitive sort perhaps. Yes it was a bad tackle, it wasn’t a horror tackle, you see them up and down the country every weekend.

If that foul is made by a different Villa player, on a different Spurs player who is not just back from a long-term injury (and maybe shouldn't have been risked by starting him so soon) then nobody bats an eyelid. It's a late tackle borne out of frustration but no more than that. All of the gnashing of teeth about Cash being a hatchet man who exists purely to destroy the careers of Spurs' players - it's laughable.
Also, I think that a lot of the anger at Cash is misdirected frustration due to the number of injuries they already have and maybe a nagging doubt that 'Angeball' might not be viable over 90 minutes or a full Premier League season (whether they have their first eleven or not). Their gameplan means they need to be 2-3 goals up by 60 minutes cos their entire team is knackered by then.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Romero is the kind of nutter who goes studs up into the leg of his international teammate in the same year they won a world cup together.

They like him, and think Cash is a thug. It's mad.

That’s what makes me laugh, they don’t see the irony/hypocrisy of setting Romero the destroyer onto Cash to end his career for being a dirty player in their minds.

It’s just weird really.  

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That’s what makes me laugh, they don’t see the irony/hypocrisy of setting Romero the destroyer onto Cash to end his career for being a dirty player in their minds.

It’s just weird really.  

On top of that the reason he's stood watching is because he's suspended for being a dirty word removed. And if he does Cash, one of their most important players will be suspended again for 4 games, and they will be complaining again about losing players :D 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Haha 1

People on here often wishing ill fortune on players, such as that they be on the end of a devious tackle, and sometimes wishing that one of our players be the ones to dish out the act, Ben Mee springs to mind, also Bruno Fernandes, because those players are hugley unpopular it's seen as okay to say such wicked things. Spurs fans should snap out of it, I've seen them say to injure all other players in protest, and smash VAR screen at grounds.

• Like 1

I have zero sympathy for Spurs. I'll say that outright first of all. And I could give a shit if Bentancur got hurt.

HOWEVER I've said before that scissors tackles should be an instant red, so for consistency I need to hold to that here. It's a disgusting technique and any player doing it, whether they meant to - or realise the damage they can do - should immediately walk for it.

It's way more dangerous in a lot of cases than going in studs-up, which was outlawed years and years ago.

Â