Matty Cash

paul514

19 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

99% sure that’s how Emery sees Konsa developing.

Sure but all it takes is an injury coinciding  with a suspension for us to be **** if we don't sign a cb/rb. Imagine if we faced lille with Chambers at CB or RB we could be torn to pieces. 

• Like 1

With a fully fit team yes, he's definitely one of the weaker if not the weakest link in the starting 11, but he's also a solid RB who can play on the wing and has an eye for goal. In a campaign where we're going to be playing a lot of games, he's undoubtedly going to be playing a big part.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He started endless games last season when we were rock solid defensively under UE.

This idea he's some massive weak link in our system is getting overhyped a little.

Yup if enough people keep saying it then others just follow, like sheep.

Last season when Emery arrived Cash was brilliant when fit.

Great today at RM, got into really good positions and deserved his goals. Could have had a hat-trick! Some really tidy link up play too, much more composed.

However I still have doubts about him in the back 4. Even today when he went to LB he played someone onside by dropping too deep.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Ahem... 

Credit where credit is due....a good game...two goals

But one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Come back when he has had a good run of games with good performances 👏 

Let's be sensible 👍

38 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Credit where credit is due....a good game...two goals

But one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Come back when he has had a good run of games with good performances 👏 

Let's be sensible 👍

He’s played 100 games for us, if he’d never had a run of good games surely he’d never have had so many appearances, be sensible

• Like 3

Someone posted lasted week, that we have to get rid of him as he is stinking our club out he's so bad.

We all have the ability to admit we are wrong and said something silly....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Sure but all it takes is an injury coinciding  with a suspension for us to be **** if we don't sign a cb/rb. Imagine if we faced lille with Chambers at CB or RB we could be torn to pieces. 

Chambers would be a solid part of just about any defence in Ligue 1. I agree that he's not of the same quality as the rest of our defence apart from Hause but he'd be fine to face Lille, who got torn to shreds by Lorient today. You seem to be forgetting just how good our squad is now compared to the rest of the world. Man City played a youngster at left back the first week who is nowhere near as good as Chambers yet. You don't see their fans worrying that they will get torn apart by lower half Prem teams. We can carry one slightly lower quality player. I would love to see a player like you described arrive. I think it would improve us but I don't think we are doomed if we have to use him.

4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

99% sure that’s how Emery sees Konsa developing.

Still need good cover though, it's one thing to have players who can play in more than one position but they can't be in two places at once on the pitch...

43 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Unai Emery: Scapegoat Saver

• T̶y̶r̶o̶n̶e̶ M̶i̶n̶g̶s
  • L̶u̶c̶a̶s̶ D̶i̶g̶n̶e̶
  • M̶a̶t̶t̶y̶ C̶a̶s̶h̶
  • Leon Bailey ⏳
  • Robin Olsen? 🤔

You can add John McGinn to that list.

• Like 1

Â