Matty Cash

paul514

Was really just pointing out there is Rb cover in the squad, regardless of how you might view the quality of that cover.

I personally don't mind chambers if he's focused and on it.

In fact could it not be argued that chambers > foyth that a few are calling for?

Edited by Rossco76

2 minutes ago, Rossco76 said:

Was really just pointing out there is Rb cover in the squad, regardless of how you might view the quality of that cover.

I personally don't mind chambers if he's focused and on it.

In fact could it not be argued that chambers > foyth that a few are calling for?

No you're right, that's fair, I had basically forgotten about Chambers. As I say what I've seen of him at RB I wasn't impressed but it's barely any time and what do I know anyway; maybe Emery et al see him as good enough cover. 

His inability to pass into midfield is more frustrating than anything else. It completely undoes our entire setup because it puts us under unnecessary pressure as he'll just pass it back. Even Konsa would better than him at that. 

We need Kyle Walker-Peters expeditiously.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It rebounded to him quickly and bounced so the ball was at an awkward height. That meant he didn't have enough time to get his body shape right. It's not an excuse: he should have scored, and a better player would have done. But it's not inexplicable. 

We need another RB; that was clear before today as well, but I think the logic was that Konsa could provide the competition/different option on the right side. Now it's much clearer that Konsa will need to play a very large part of the season at CB, so there is literally no backup for Cash. The club need to do something about that, whatever they can do with whatever money is available. 

Yep, if you play football as a hobby you've missed that chance yourself several times

Its on him quick, hard to adjust your body and get over it, like you say a pro footballer you'd expect him to be able to do it but you know exactly why he missed it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It rebounded to him quickly and bounced so the ball was at an awkward height. That meant he didn't have enough time to get his body shape right. It's not an excuse: he should have scored, and a better player would have done. But it's not inexplicable. 

We need another RB; that was clear before today as well, but I think the logic was that Konsa could provide the competition/different option on the right side. Now it's much clearer that Konsa will need to play a very large part of the season at CB, so there is literally no backup for Cash. The club need to do something about that, whatever they can do with whatever money is available. 

I think moat decent players score. Between him ans watkins missing opportunities thats what makea difference between us ans twams like newcastle.  It was a very bad miss.

Yeah rb will nedd ro be looked at now no question unless they plan to use chambers there  but we have 3 cbs now ans one is konsa who seems to be absolutely useless without mings. 

7 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Didn’t he used to be a midfielder though? How can he not want the ball?

We can’t be a team challenging at the top end of the table with any player that doesn’t want the ball.

He was a right midfield / wing...receiving the ball there totally different to playing at right back.

You can see it all.the time....ball comes to him and he panics.

Absolutely. We need better to be challenging the clubs ambitions.

For me it's his positional sense. How many times do our wingers get the ball under pressure or are forced back. Then compare it with wingers against cash. He is either to deep.or just let's them gain 30 years before doing anything 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

He was a right midfield / wing...receiving the ball there totally different to playing at right back.

You can see it all.the time....ball comes to him and he panics.

Absolutely. We need better to be challenging the clubs ambitions.

For me it's his positional sense. How many times do our wingers get the ball under pressure or are forced back. Then compare it with wingers against cash. He is either to deep.or just let's them gain 30 years before doing anything 

It’s certainly a long time to let them gain on him before doing anything 

Edited by Follyfoot

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

His inability to pass into midfield is more frustrating than anything else. It completely undoes our entire setup because it puts us under unnecessary pressure as he'll just pass it back. Even Konsa would better than him at that. 

We need Kyle Walker-Peters expeditiously.

The thing is for 40 million I dont think Walker Peters is that big an improvement

10 hours ago, Chasetown Villa said:

Get Foyth in. Cash is only good enough as cover. If we get Foyth then Moreno can be the more advanced full back when he returns.

Foyth appears to be perfect for Emery's idea of a former CB playing as a defensive RB. He would tighten up our defence and has the size, strength and ability in the air to be be a good addition at defensive set pieces.

Emery knows him well so it's a possibility.

• Like 1

Â