Jaden Philogene

Kingman

I liked the look of him in preseason. Two footed, hard working, good decision-making, and has a trick or two in his locker.

He looked like he could be ready to have a bit of a breakout season and I'm disappointed he's not getting an opportunity in games like tomorrow.

We have Buendia, Coutinho and J Ramsey all out and seem to be selling A Ramsey too. Do we really need to sell another promising youth player, especially for such a low fee? 

3 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Don't get the low fee compared to the 15M and 20M  rumored for A.Ramsey and Archer. At the very minimum would think his market value is 10M

I think it's pretty self-explanatory. His raw production numbers have been low (goals and assists) compared to them, Ramsey has the highest ceiling by far IMO and Archer has scored goals in the championship. 

On 22/08/2023 at 10:13, nepal_villan said:

Don't get the low fee compared to the 15M and 20M  rumored for A.Ramsey and Archer. At the very minimum would think his market value is 10M

I thought he was in the last year of his contract which would have explained the low fee, but apparently last year he signed an extension so must be 2 years left at least.

For £5m I don’t see the benefit when he could be a decent squad player, we aren’t going to buy anyone better than him for £5m and there’s going to be lots of opportunities for minutes across all competitions this season for him.

46 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Are we going to have a squad big enough to challenge on all fronts if we keep selling our youth prospects?

Those who we are selling aren’t really prospects, well possibly Ramsey is. I guess by 21, the club will see wether a player is ready or sell this way. Archer wants minutes, he’s third in our list, not because of him being bad but his style. I think we should look at the younger ones and give them minutes this season such as Kellyman and O’Reilly.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2023 at 15:57, villa4europe said:

Didn't realise rosenior was their manager, was comfortably sky's best pundit in our championship years

Agree with this I really enjoyed listening to him.  Seems like a genuine guy too.

• Like 2

Â