Jaden Philogene

Kingman

56 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

the train is leaving the station and its a bit too quick for a few of the youngsters

we invested a lot in the academy for this very reason - selling talented players for profit and to help with FFP and player purchases

time to start thinking like a big club

Exactly this. Its what City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have successfully done for years, keeping the very best (who are few and far between).

To balance this however, J Ramsey has emerged because he had the chance in the first team or else he may not have shown enough quickly enough to remain unsold. Those chances are not going to be afforded due to the jeopardy of every match and expectation.

9 hours ago, Nigel said:

If we let these players stagnate keeping them around for a few fleeting appearances then why will the next generation choose us over another academy?

99% won't make it with us but if we can get them a future in the game then it's good for everyone. 

Good point. JPB is not some died-in-the-wool Holte Ender, whose dream since he was a toddler was to play for the Villa. He's a London lad who wants to make it as a pro footballer. Given a choice of benchwarming for us, or the chance to be a first-choice star elsewhere, I suspect he'd choose the latter. 

We can't keep them all 'just in case'. 

• Like 2

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

£5m. **** off. Just keep him for the ECL

It's 5m for not a lot, really. If the buyback is low, which it will be, then he'll have some time to prove himself properly and we get some money to use.

He hasn't shown consistent end product yet in his career, even at championship level, so we're not going to be getting a massive amount for him. 

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

£5m. **** off. Just keep him for the ECL

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

FIVE? Christ almighty I would be raging if we let him go for £5m. 

Low fee means low buy back clause if there is one.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

FIVE? Christ almighty I would be raging if we let him go for £5m. 

What if we have a buyback for 10m for the duration of his contract with additional clauses in there for goals, appearances, promotion etc.? 

Then we'll be sorted in any case. 

Just now, lexicon said:

It's 5m for not a lot, really. If the buyback is low, which it will be, then he'll have some time to prove himself properly and we get some money to use.

He hasn't shown consistent end product yet in his career, even at championship level, so we're not going to be getting a massive amount for him. 

To be fair he's been sent on loan in January or gotten injured.

I completely get he's not been consistent but he's been promising and we need 4 Academy Homegrown players For the Europa Conference.

For £5m he's worth getting some minutes in cups as we seem to be hemorrhaging players to injury

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

What if we have a buyback for 10m for the duration of his contract with additional clauses in there for goals, appearances, promotion etc.? 

Then we'll be sorted in any case. 

Yeah, fair comment mate. 

My take is that, if we're willing to let him go now, the percentage chance of him coming back is astronomically low, so I would rather get more upfront for him to assist with FFP leeway. 

Understand the way they are looking at it, but £5m even with a low buyback seems a low fee for him. 

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah, fair comment mate. 

My take is that, if we're willing to let him go now, the percentage chance of him coming back is astronomically low, so I would rather get more upfront for him to assist with FFP leeway. 

Understand the way they are looking at it, but £5m even with a low buyback seems a low fee for him. 

I get that. I think we might struggle to get a lot more than that because of his raw numbers - I think he's had just one assist in about 50 appearances in the championship, which will be a bargaining chip for the other team as he clearly needs to develop consistent end-product. 

Also, if Hull are starting at 5m, then I imagine we're double that and likely to meet in the middle. I think the best thing here is for us to trust Emery and Monchi - with the former, that he's not ready to contribute enough and needs more time elsewhere, and that the latter will get us a good deal, as that's his forte.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Aston Villa fans £80m for a footballer? The world has gone crazy, no one is worth that much!

Also Aston Villa fans : £5m for a player that has done nothing in the professional game and we have no idea if he will ever be anywhere above championship level? Madness! Give us £25m!

What did chuck do for us and we got 20m? I personally agree that 5m is peanuts but if the buyback is like 10-12m its totally fine

Just now, duke313 said:

Monchi is clearing house.  Wonder what he has planned.

This is what i was thinking. We arent breaking FFP i am sure so it must be something up his sleeve. Felix to Barca and Fati to Villa last day of the window is my completely uneducated guess 

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Aston Villa fans £80m for a footballer? The world has gone crazy, no one is worth that much!

Also Aston Villa fans : £5m for a player that has done nothing in the professional game and we have no idea if he will ever be anywhere above championship level? Madness! Give us £25m!

Not sure anyone's claiming they want £25m for him mate. 

But if James Trafford is going for £17m, he's worth more than £5m, surely?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What did chuck do for us and we got 20m? I personally agree that 5m is peanuts but if the buyback is like 10-12m its totally fine

Carney was younger and a bigger talent tbf. I think those numbers will more or less be accurate. 

It seems that it's the player who doesn't want to sit on the bench and would rather be first team than rotation. Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he hadnt played pre season then i think most of us would have accepted 5 mill as fair. But Emery seemed to have him in his plans so the price goes up in our heads then. Hopefully a buyback clause will be inserted 

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Carney was younger and a bigger talent tbf. I think those numbers will more or less be accurate. 

It seems that it's the player who doesn't want to sit on the bench and would rather be first team than rotation. Fair enough.

Only a bigger talent because purslow had to publicly  call him best player of his generation in this country. 

He finally did something against west ham. JPB has got less opportunities so i think the low fee is probably reason for that but with a small buy back clause its low risk

Â