Jaden Philogene

Kingman

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Good to see him getting his chance. No point in having a fantastic youth academy, if we aren’t going to utilise it. 

Absolutely, if he hits a wall, we loan him in January. Until  then, we can set him loose in League Cup and early ECL games.

Also use as sub in PL as needed. I'm liking the 5 sub rule even more now that we have true depth.

• Like 1

Fantastic, will only improve. Getting minutes and training everyday with world class internationals. 

I have a feeling he will be starting games sooner rather than later 

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Fantastic, will only improve. Getting minutes and training everyday with world class internationals. 

I have a feeling he will be starting games sooner rather than later 

And will have saved us a fortune if he does.  If he broke through at Palace or Brentford, we’d be trying to sign him for £30m+

• Like 1

Fantastic to see a club produced youngster get a chance - seems like something that happens increasingly rarely these days.

If he's 3rd/4th choice, he'll get plenty of game time - Diaby, Bailey, JJ, Philogene as a 4 might spell the end of Traore though.

Really excited to see how he develops under Emery’s tutelage. This is what it’s about - having players come through and grasp their opportunity and allow us to direct funds on top class additions. 

• Like 1

This loaning out system reqlly works. He got his debut 3 seasons ago for about 3 minutes. Then went on loan to Stoke in the January of 22 . Then Cardiff all last season. And now he comes back in and impresses the manager . Would not have happened without that battle hardening in the Championship. He literally has learned his trade. And can now bring defensive discipline and maturity to the table to add to his huge technical ability . Far stronger now. He has learned to compete in the mens game . 

• Like 1

Not trying to rain on the kids parade or anything but we do need 3/4 players from the youth set up for these European shenanigans. 

So we do need a couple of these kids.

I cant understand why I don't get invited to more parties!

This guy didn't even come to academy football until he was 16, so it stands to reason he may develop slightly later than others.

Working with a coach like Emery who, as he has said, wants players to understand why they do things will be a dream come true for him. Whether he makes it with us or not, there is no doubt in my mind that a year of training with the 1st team will set him in great stead to have a good career.

He equipped himself well in the US and has shown glimpses in friendlies in previous summers, I hope he is sticking around and gets a chance on the top stage. For all the tricks, the goal against Fulham and the overall attacking threat I think it was his defensive work rate and concentration that swung it for Emery, he showed a good level of maturity and took the games seriously, good signs.

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He equipped himself well in the US and has shown glimpses in friendlies in previous summers, I hope he is sticking around and gets a chance on the top stage. For all the tricks, the goal against Fulham and the overall attacking threat I think it was his defensive work rate and concentration that swung it for Emery, he showed a good level of maturity and took the games seriously, good signs.

Agreed. Looks like a kid with real application as well as talent. 

Great combo - I'm excited for him. 

Â