Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, beachboys1 said:

watkins best striker since withe

Yorke was a special player.  Different type of striker far more skilful than Withe but probably Ollie too.

• Like 1

Watkins just four goals off Yorke now and only 17 away form equaling Gabby’s Premier League total. With a bit of luck he can become our all time PL goal scorer by the end of next season 🙏🏼

IMG_9555.jpeg

• Like 2

Watkins is the better all round player at this point. But Benteke definitely had the X Factor to win games out of nothing which I don't think Ollie totally possesses all the time. 

For this team I'd 100% have Ollie but for a team without Emery structure I'd have prime Benteke.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Watkins just four goals off Yorke now and only 17 away form equaling Gabby’s Premier League total. With a bit of luck he can become our all time PL goal scorer by the end of next season 🙏🏼

IMG_9555.jpeg

With a bit of luck he can become our all time PL goal scorer by the end of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, YLN said:

With a bit of luck he can become our all time PL goal scorer by the end of the year. 

I really hope he does become our record goal scorer, can’t wait until that useless Pratt Gobby is no longer able to claim this prize.

• Like 3

Personally think Luiz and Ollie, if they start next weekend, should just sit down in the Wembley grass and talk about fishing for 90 minutes.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

IMG_9555.jpeg

Very keen for Ollie to overtake both Yorke and Gabby. Can't help but be amazed by Benteke when you look at this. He scored a tick under 1 in 2 despite us being absolute dogshit for the entire time he was here. Everyone else on the list was with us for a few seasons where we were in the top half.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Gets elevated because he was so much better than the shite around him 

I think I prefer ollie though, I love his graft 

Harsh. The numbers are there, the goal to match ratio is also there.

And the fact that he had to rely on the likes of Weimann, Nzogbia, Bannan, Westwood, Bacuna and all that dross to fashion chances for him makes it all the more impressive.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Very keen for Ollie to overtake both Yorke and Gabby. Can't help but be amazed by Benteke when you look at this. He scored a tick under 1 in 2 despite us being absolute dogshit for the entire time he was here. Everyone else on the list was with us for a few seasons where we were in the top half.

WHAAAT? He scored 6 in first half of first season and many were saying trash then scored 13 more 2nd half of season. He had injury second season from memory was out for loads of games and was never the same again. He was definitely not dogshit

EDIT: Sorry @ThunderPower_14 I misread

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

WHAAAT? He scored 6 in first half of first season and many were saying trash then scored 13 more 2nd half of season. He had injury second season from memory was out for loads of games and was never the same again. He was definitely not dogshit

No, I think he is saying the rest of the team were dogshit, which is less contestable.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

No, I think he is saying the rest of the team were dogshit, which is less contestable.

They weren't that bad. But yes Benteke in his first season looked like an elite striker but he never quite lived up to the expectations. Meanwhile Watkins just gets better and better. 

On 16/03/2024 at 09:12, villa4europe said:

Gets elevated because he was so much better than the shite around him 

I think I prefer ollie though, I love his graft 

Goal record of 1 in 2 is the best of anyone on that list 

Â