Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

If he was perfect he wouldn’t be playing for us and please name the perfect striker that works as hard as Ollie that you would replace him with assuming a reasonable max spend of £50m?

Sorry, where did I say we can replace him for under £50m? I just said are we not allowed to discuss his limitations? Especially if we want to push towards Europa/eventually CL spaces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If you want to count two games as "the start", then clearly yes.

He wasn't right last week and didn't play well yesterday at all.

Not fun against those CBs though. Schar, Botman, Keane, Tarkowski. They are CBs that beat you up.

I mean he got in goal scoring positions. Torres robbed him of a goal by trying to flick it on to him and sending it behind his outstretched leg so he ended up clearing instead of tapping it in. And he had a shot cleared off the line as he was taken out by their keeper. He also missed a one on one.

Like not great he didn't score but on the other hand having 4 good goalscoring opportunities in 2 games is very good and hopefully will translate to 20 goals scored this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Because he has weaknesses that are blatantly on show every week, so we like to discuss them. Should we all pretend he's perfect?

We all know your views mate, been here a few times! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Sorry, where did I say we can replace him for under £50m?

I don't think you did, and I don't think DakotaVilla suggested you did.  But now the question has been asked can you have a pop at it, please?

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I just said are we not allowed to discuss his limitations?

Of course, you are allowed to discuss what you consider his limitations are.

Of course in the next decade or so all the players will be replaced. 

• Like 1

Such a typical Ollie half. Bullies the entire back line, linking up play and carrying the ball well.

Two goals, but missed a basically empty net with a header over the top and should have put another one target when through.

All part of the experience.

Â