Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

18 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We'll keep Watkins and let Ings go to Newcastle, and he'll go on to score 15 goals next season.

Watkins will continue to charge about the pitch like a man possessed, trying to do everything on his own.

I'm not even sure he does this consistently anymore, he did this last season, yes.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AVFCGB said:

£63 million and we can’t get a tune out of either!  Really worrying 

tbf Ings hasnt even been given a chance, he hasnt had a run of games.

You may be right, but i dont think its fair to judge ings when he isnt playing over the wooden plank Watkins.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not even sure he does this consistently anymore, he did this last season, yes.

Really purposeful pressing last season, that's the difference. He used to force so many defensive problems for the opposition. I do wonder whether its linked with him becoming a father, which obviously carries plenty of stress and pressure. There might be no link to that but it feels like it was since then that weve seen the change I him. Theres a lack of energy about him now.

57 minutes ago, MCU said:

His head is well and truly gone. Somebody made a good point the other week when Coutinho scored against United he didn't look arsed.

Didn't look too arsed when he scored today tbh. Needs some time out.

This ^^^

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

People really have to let go of this bs attitude narrative. Christ, he probably knew VAR would check it so he wasn’t getting overly excited. Regardless, he was still happy. High fives and smiles. And it’s a crock of shit that he doesn’t celebrate when his teammates score. Criticize him all you want for his piss poor finish or constantly losing the ball but people need to stfu about his “attitude.” Christ, it’s like when people were moaning about Buendia when he first started or Mings chewing gum. Absolute insanity.

I really can’t agree with you. How can you not notice a change in his demeanour since last season??? Last year he was loving life and was playing with a smile on his face and the enthusiasm of a puppy. Something just isn’t right at all. I of course hope he’s ok mentally but if he is then the only answer can be he doesn’t want to be here.

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Really purposeful pressing last season, that's the difference. He used to force so many defensive problems for the opposition. I do wonder whether its linked with him becoming a father, which obviously carries plenty of stress and pressure. There might be no link to that but it feels like it was since then that weve seen the change I him. Theres a lack of energy about him now.

Obviously my personal circumstances are different to Ollie but I probably gained focus in my work after becoming a father, and it’s not like he has a full house with kids screaming their heads off is it? He has enough hours in the day and a partner no financial stress and it’s not like he’s the only premier league striker with a newborn.

1 hour ago, MCU said:

His head is well and truly gone. Somebody made a good point the other week when Coutinho scored against United he didn't look arsed.

Didn't look too arsed when he scored today tbh. Needs some time out.

I agree. I wouldnt be opposed to cashing  in in the summer and bring tammy home

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

People really have to let go of this bs attitude narrative. Christ, he probably knew VAR would check it so he wasn’t getting overly excited. Regardless, he was still happy. High fives and smiles. And it’s a crock of shit that he doesn’t celebrate when his teammates score. Criticize him all you want for his piss poor finish or constantly losing the ball but people need to stfu about his “attitude.” Christ, it’s like when people were moaning about Buendia when he first started or Mings chewing gum. Absolute insanity.

No likes speaks volumes. His celebrations as so subdued, they tell a story, watch him last season when he scored a goal. 

I can see what Gerrard has been doing continuing to play him, like strikers go through rough patches, but he don't even look interested and plays a big part in the poor play. No one wants to pass to him anymore, an when they do he never seems ready, have you noticed that? He defo needs dropping and give Ings a run, it's no coincidence 90% of fans are losing patience with him, he loses nearly every ball passed to him!

I hope I'm not right really, cause all of this will rub off on the team, an it may be already showing.

I just wish we were important enough for the media to start noticing how poor he is, an get there view. If Salad don't score for a couple of games they are all over it.

Edited by foreveryoung

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I really can’t agree with you. How can you not notice a change in his demeanour since last season??? Last year he was loving life and was playing with a smile on his face and the enthusiasm of a puppy. Something just isn’t right at all. I of course hope he’s ok mentally but if he is then the only answer can be he doesn’t want to be here.

Yes because he’s clearly frustrated but people are making it out like he’s this mean spirited, selfish player. The man is having an incredibly tough year. You are right, something is off with him but that doesn’t mean we need to cast him off the ship. He celebrated his goal today and he celebrates goals with teammates. End of story.

• Like 1

Watkins is one of the players that doesn’t want to be here.

His body language is negative, he doesn’t press the same way, always moaning at team mates and he doesn’t celebrate when he scores.

It’s a shame because when he first joined he was an honest player. I would start Ings ahead of him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

No likes speaks volumes. His celebrations as so subdued, they tell a story, watch him last season when he scored a goal. 

I can see what Gerrard has been doing continuing to play him, like strikers go through rough patches, but he don't even look interested and plays a big part in the poor play. No one wants to pass to him anymore, an when they do he never seems ready, have you noticed that? He defo needs dropping and give Ings a run, it's no coincidence 90% of fans are losing patience with him, he loses nearly every ball passed to him!

I hope I'm not right really, cause all of this will rub off on the team, an it may be already showing.

Thank god I don’t live my life based on likes.

I agree he needs dropping though. Should’ve happened awhile ago.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

11 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Wonder if playing in front of crowds has affected him.

He had no problem doing that at Brentford?

I really don't know what's happened to him this season. There must be something behind the scenes.

Â