Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

59 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

His coyness in the interview (Gerrard) screams “he’s off” to me. 

Pre-match interview Gerrard when asked about Watkins responded he would be back for the next match (Manure).

Gerrard has always been coy about Covid issues with players.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Any one think he didn't play, because of a problem behind closed doors, or genuine Covid. Gerrard didn't seem to want to say much about him.

I personally think he is looking for a move, especially now Smith has gone.

Possibly, but bare in mind he kind of threw Smith under the bus by accident in an interview a few weeks ago.

Reckon he might be one who is " not fully with the program " 🤔

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Lots saying he has had a bust up with SG

Which would seem inconsistent with his character. Basically dream for a manager according to anyone that's ever worked with him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Possibly, but bare in mind he kind of threw Smith under the bus by accident in an interview a few weeks ago.

Reckon he might be one who is " not fully with the program " 🤔

He does seem to have an odd attitude sometimes. He never rushed to celebrate when others score.

2 hours ago, penguin said:

Yep.

£30m odd from the Championship, now proven he can do it in the Prem. No reason to sell for under £50m.

then who can actually afford him is the next question

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

He does seem to have an odd attitude sometimes. He never rushed to celebrate when others score.

We’ve got a few body language experts on here. It would be interesting to hear their thoughts on the matter.

15 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I joked earlier about Arsenal bidding for him, which is why he didn’t play today. But, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there by the end of the next window at the latest.

He is an Arsenal fan and a 20%sell on for us would be handy.Can’t see it happening though.

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

He is an Arsenal fan and a 20%sell on for us would be handy.Can’t see it happening though.

Certainly not in this window, but you never know next summer. Saying that, Arsenal are potentially signing Isak so that would most likely rule out a move for Watkins.

20% sell on fee? Is that just on any profit we make on him? I hope so.

I’d sell him for 60m. We need to secure safety, but apart from that nothing much to get from this season. 
Although we’ll only have Ings and Archer. Watkins is being selfish and missing a lot of chances. Very bad decision making. We won’t ever get this price. We’re in a rebuild process after losing Jack. A new manager. It’s the perfect time to sell him (ofcourse depending on the price). We haven’t sold El Ghazi last summer but look at him and his price right now? 

5 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Certainly not in this window, but you never know next summer. Saying that, Arsenal are potentially signing Isak so that would most likely rule out a move for Watkins.

20% sell on fee? Is that just on any profit we make on him? I hope so.

Yes

• Like 1

Â