Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

21 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

https://t.co/gVowjMU43Y

Abdo's goal tonight for U21's. 

It does show how the u21 league fails players. Grealish is far too talented for that league and shrugs off players with ease, something he can't do at senior level. The reserve league gave younger players to play against senior players without the stress of the full first team. For me that helped develop players so much more.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Cracking game this - we're 3-2 up, both teams have had chances to score and we're down to ten men after a god old fashioned twenty man brawl!

Wow, it sounds almost as if they actually care. Those poor deluded fools.

Pass the shisha.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bradarmstrong_ said:

Brawlers. Get these lot in the first team. 

To be fair they were 2 **** loose tackles. Deserved to cop one for that, and the red card, idiot

Edited by mwj

To be fair they were 2 **** loose tackles. Deserved to cop one for that, and the red card, idiot

Really? I thought he won the ball on both tackles, both one footed and in control, West Ham player reactions got him sent off

The only problem was that it was his shit touch that started it all

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Really? I thought he won the ball on both tackles, both one footed and in control, West Ham player reactions got him sent off

The only problem was that it was his shit touch that started it all

Agreed, I couldn't see much wrong with those tackles personally. 

If we can get 2 or 3 of these players through to the first team then the academy has done it's job once again. I'd say that the signs are looking promising, it's quite possibly the best youth team we've ever had. It was a very good attendance for a youth game last night, it was a pleasure to be there

Those tackles are fine imo. Maybe the ref should tell the lad to calm down a bit, but there's no way any of those challenges are red cards.

The headbutt on the other hand, yeah... red card all day. 

• Like 1

Â