Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

5 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Grealish is starting tonight.

Sarkic, Webb, Mason, Suliman, Kinsella, Blackett-Taylor, Lyden, Calder, Grealish, Green, Sellars

Subs: Idem, Toner, Hale, Cowans, Abdo

At the moment i dont think Grealish is even the best player in that side. 

Edited by KSV

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks lokatadakota, you are a new name to me but you are more than welcome, did anyone attend?

Cheers, Didn't spot anyone but to be honest i'm not sure i would recognise some of the new assistants/coaches etc.

Only went as i am currently about 10 minutes away from the ground but it was an entertaining enough game.

Grealish played the full 90 & played well 1st half but faded a bit in the second.

Lyden was steady enough without really doing anything spectacular but the defence looked nervous and seemed to cause themselves a few problems although they did manage to sort themselves out for the most part apart from the 2nd wolves goal when everyone seemed to just stand there waiting for someone else to do something.

Kinsella played well, had a couple of good chances himself & creating the 1st sellars goal but there wasn't always much cover for him when he went forwards which gave wolves a few good chances, especially early on in the 2nd half where villa were probably lucky to keep it at 1-1 before Sellars scored against the run of play.

Both teams had a few more chances towards the end of the game before a poor clearance to nobody allowed wolves to make it 2-2 with 2 minutes to go.

Right place right time from sellars at the end and a cool finish.

Thought Brad Walker looked ok for Wolves although apparently he is a Hartlepool player playing a trial game, could develop into a decent player

Maybe games like this are the reality check that Grealish needs, In less than a year he has gone from being "the next big thing" and playing in front of 90,000 at Wembley in a cup final to not really standing out in a u21 game in front of 300 people. Perhaps he should go & have a chat with Stefan Moore to see what the other side of football is like.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 4

Â