Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

Two games in three days for the U18s starting tomorrow and an U21 game inbetween, and possible that some of them might be needed for first team bench. Not sure how they will manage the players, maybe use more U16s than usual for one of the U18 fixtures

31 minutes ago, useless said:

Two games in three days for the U18s starting tomorrow and an U21 game inbetween, and possible that some of them might be needed for first team bench. Not sure how they will manage the players, maybe use more U16s than usual for one of the U18 

Be good to see how they cope at higher levels. 

I think most of the U16s that are left have already played for the U18s, a few it seems have moved on. Not beyond the realms of possibility that some of the U15s could get a chance before the end of the season, I think a number of them already have in behind closed doors games

• Thanks 1

Lost 6-0 to Brighton at Bodymoor, doesn't get any easier on Saturday as they play Arsenal. Form of U18s usually drops in the second half the season as a number of players move up to the U21s. Still some very promising players as individuals in that group though, I remembe Munroe playing for our U18s and they were getting battered every week, he's come on leaps and bounds this season and made first team bench on a few occassions

He's meant to be good, was surprised when he went to Rangers from Millwall, as presumed he would go to one of the cateogry 1 clubs in England, he was already in England age group youth teams, so would have been well known. I think he's a striker. Edit: he's actually already got some minutes in the Championship and Scottish Premier League, he was only fifteen when he made his Millwall debut

Edited by useless

We've signed a young goalkeeper called Jack Allan, he was at Portsmouth but they didn't offer him a scholarship for next season, we did after giving him a three week trial.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Interestingly he was signed by Rangers to replace Rory Wilson .

Maybe we’re doing the same. The 5 year contract has been on the table for a while now…

Not much on in our Academy as we draw to season close .

today we hosted Palace at u16& u18

nothing on tomorrow 

u15s are on a residential in Athens mon-fri … Elite Neon cup

Monday u21s away to Newcastle 

• Thanks 1

Â