Academy General Topic

smetrov

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Haha :) well I had you fooled, may I ask why you thought that?

ha you did indeed! Just my own imagination really. I always pictured you as an older man in a trench coat with a flat cap scouting the next villa star.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'm 25 years old, I've been going to those youth games for 10 years now, in my opinion this is by far the best youth team that I have seen, that includes the 07-08 team that had Albrighton, Clark, Baker, Delfouneso and Bannan. I think that despite our recent relegation, we still have plenty of reasons to be cheerful, Easah Suliman is quite possibly the best centre back I've seen come through the academy, he just strolls through games without breaking a sweat, he's that good. Andre Green is the best winger I've seen come through the academy, I think his recent elevation to the first team proves, very few 17 year olds play in the premier league, let alone hold their own against fully grown men. Striker Rushian Hepburn-Murphy is our youngest premier league appearance maker in the modern era, I've had the pleasure to meet him, he seemed like a very nice young man indeed, he's also a very talented young player with a great future in football. Although, he's a little bit older at 20, centre back Niall Mason has been involved with the first team this season, he reads the game very well and compliments Suliman very well when they play together, they have the makings of a very good CB partnership, I am very excited about the prospects of these young players.

Thanks sir_gary_cahill - great to read

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hogso said:

You're doing it wrong, it goes like this;

"Thanks Andy"

Thanks hogso.........errr........I mean Dave?............Pete?..............Mary?............Betty?.............Oh, I give up.  Thanks anyway.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The final is likely to be away at Arsenal I think - if Blackburn beat them it'll be at Villa Park.

Do you know when it will take place, and how do we go about getting tickets...I guess just throuhg the normal ticket website?

Would actually like to see a villa team playing with some pride just once this season.

15 hours ago, villan_007 said:

I always thought you were about 50 something.

14 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Haha :) well I had you fooled, may I ask why you thought that?

Probably it's because you write things like 'may I ask why you thought that?' :)

• Like 2

U18s drew 1-1 with Leicester City, Corey Taylor scored for us, there's a report on the OS. I wonder who will be released or retained this year, I'm sure we'll find out in due course, quite a few of the current second year scholars are already on professional contracts- Easah Suliman, Rushian Hepburn Murphy and Andre Green, it's a very good group

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

They played Rosicky, Cazorla, Gnabry and Chambers in that game!

Shameless.

Was going to suggest we do the same but thought about it again... lets just leave it to the kids.......

• Like 2

Â