Academy General Topic

smetrov

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Just on that first flick, I saw Stephen Ireland do something similar once. 😬 Only the ball went one side of his man and he went the other.

• Haha 2

Philogene-Bidace is a great talent, so quick and skilful, he will add more end product as he gains more experience. Thanks for posting the video Brumstopdogs edit- then again they all are :(

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Thanks 1

More great news from the academy with Jaden. First of all its great that the top clubs appear to be sniffing around some of our prospects but even better news that we seem to be capable of holding onto them. It seems like those top young players at the club are buying into what is happening which is really important when we are bringing in talented players from abroad. I've not been this enthused about the academy in a very very long time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I’m actually excited with what is happening with our academy.

Hopefully we will get some of our 17/18 year olds on loan in the lower leagues. It will be great for their development.

That won’t be happening, they’ll be playing in the Under 23’s

• Like 1

Apparently we tried to sign some Nigerian kid named Paul Ibahadon earlier in the year but couldn't get international clearance. He's now on his way to Chelsea with another couple of clubs including West Brom also interested.

No idea if we still are since we signed a CB (or 2?) already.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently we tried to sign some Nigerian kid named Paul Ibahadon earlier in the year but couldn't get international clearance. He's now on his way to Chelsea with another couple of clubs including West Brom also interested.

I saw that, but how does that work? If he doesn't get a WP with us, why would he get it at another club? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I saw that, but how does that work? If he doesn't get a WP with us, why would he get it at another club? 

No idea. We got one for Luiz when City couldn't but I imagine this is different circumstances. But yeah, I have no idea what has changed there with this kid.

3 hours ago, sne said:

We’ve signed Dutch defender Sil Swinkels and Irish defender Aaron O’Reilly, both of them are 16

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’ve signed Dutch defender Sil Swinkels and Irish defender Aaron O’Reilly, both of them are 16

What happened to Lamare Bogarde...probably more U23 than Academy tbf.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

Also, On a separate note I was really surprised Odutayo got released.

Brilliant at U18 but didn’t translate that form to the U23s?

He has a lot of ability but I don’t think he has the work ethic to match it, good player though, where did you see that he got released rayk? 

Â