Academy General Topic

smetrov

Beat Newcastle 2-0 in the quarter-final, two goals from Tommi O'Relly, good to see I-Lani Edwards back recently, I think must have been injured most of the season, I don't know much about him, but do know he was playing a couple of age up with Kadan Young for our U16s, wearing No.5 in clip, but I think is usually a central midfielder.

Edited by useless

3 hours ago, useless said:

Beat Newcastle 2-0 in the quarter-final, two goals from Tommi O'Relly, good to see I-Lani Edwards back recently, I think must have been injured most of the season, I don't know much about him, but do know he was playing a couple of age up with Kadan Young for our U16s, wearing No.5 in clip, but I think is usually a central midfielder.

He was amongst the first team at one point wasn't he under Dean? Seemed like the kid had a big rise from virtual irrelevance (IAS expected for a literal child) and suddenly was in first team training and seemed like he'd made some.big impressions.

Then vanished again - I assume that was his injury and managerial changes. That's the same kid right?

Academy transfer window opened yesterday, 'secretscout' suggesting there's going to be a lot of big deals, a lot of highly rated youngsers coming to full time age but haven't signed scholarships with their current clubs yet, Mikey Moore, Callum Olusesi, Jamal Jimoh, Chris Rigg, Ethan Nwaneri, Trevan Sansusi, Divine Mukasa, and so on, apparenlty quite a few might be leaving Man City was well, not sure why, but read that their lower age games have been packed with scouts in preperation.

New Brexit rules and not being allowed to sign players under eighteen from the rest of Europe means UK players now in more demand, hopefully we can hang on to ours, Triston Rowe the only one being linked away as far as I'm aware, I guess we will find out soon enough what's happening with him, at least if he does leave we've still got some other promising right-backs, Kesler, Jayden Barber, and Ashton McWilliams.

That's great to hear - those kids will have seen him play (and will doubtless end up keeping an eye on his Derby performances), so he'll have a relevance - and it's a really good chance for him to start his coaching career.

I love it when players come back and do this stuff.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, NeilS said:

The Cork man will continue his playing career by day while coaching at former club Villa by night.

They're really running out of ideas for new superheroes these days aren't they. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Does anyone think with CP leaving and Monchi pending that we will continue to focus bringing through talent?

Does our recruitment policy change?

Sevilla had one of best academies under him. Sergio Ramos, Reyes and Navas came through and a few more

Jamal Jimoh if it happens is a seriously good signing, possibly the biggest academy signing since new owners came in, a lot of top clubs were watching him, I read from very reliable poster on these matters on Albion forum that Chelsea, Arsenal, and Southampton had all bid million plus for him and this was last summer when still an U15, he very nearly did sign for Chelsea but takeover situation delayed the deal and for whatever reason it didn't happen, since then he's been strongly linked to Man Utd and now seemingly Spurs.

England regular through the age groups, I've only seen him a few times for England, but on those occassions reminded me of Iroegbunam, big powerful midfielder and very comfortable on the ball, probably somehwere between a six and a eight as a midfielder, poster mentioned above (son was in albion academy up until last summer) reckons if it wasn't for the fact that Jimoh had aready told Albion that he wouldn't be signing scholarship terms he'd already be playing for their U21s this season just gone.

I wonder if we will sign his younger brother too who is also in Albion academy, when we signed Luka Lynch off them we took both him and his younger brother.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â