Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

43 minutes ago, romavillan said:

What's the best way to watch it?

Pretty sure it's on VillaTV. Best way is from the Holte ;):P

53 minutes ago, BOF said:

Pretty sure it's on VillaTV. Best way is from the Holte ;):P

Be tough to get there in time from here! You're right though, next best will be villaTV then...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, turvontour said:

What is this that we're in the final of tonight, is it a cup or a league? And is it just one match at villa park and no second leg? 

One leg Premier League Cup final

Edited by Talldarkandransome

7 minutes ago, I Make Pies said:

Team for tonight:

Wright (GK); Barber, Smith (C), Feeney, Munroe; Alcock, Kellyman, Patterson; Lynch, K. Young, Wilson.

Subs: Hammond (GK), Edwards, Barnes, Rowe, Mulley.

Thats our strongest u18 team possible Excited to see Luka Lynch for the first time and see how Patrerson is coming on now he is back from long term injury . Lets hope they can put it all together and click. 

Tough game though. Spurs are full of talent as well and have beaten us twice this season. 

• Like 1

If i pick one from that half then Kellyman has such great balance and touch for someone who must be 6ft 4 already . Quick as well and glides across the pitch. Technically good enough already to make it as a prem player 100 percent. Thats half the battle.. 

Edited by MWARLEY2

Tottenham showed more nous than us i.e. cynically fouling our players to stop attacks, whereas we were a bit too nice. In the first half we lacked a second defensive midfielder and were overrun in midfield so the Barnes substitution made sense. It was a shame to concede the second half goals when we did as we were starting to take control, but no complaints overall as they had the better chances. Great effort and application by the lads as always.

Encouraging performances from some of the younger players - Lynch, Edwards, Young and Wilson, and also Feeney looked good as he often does. The one player I want to see more from next season is Kerr Smith. He has a high ceiling with good physical and technical attributes but needs to work on his defending if he is to progress.

Â