Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

On 27/03/2023 at 18:50, useless said:

Thirteen players out of contract in the summer

Charlie Lutz, Kobei Moore, Mikell Barnes, Todd Alcock, Luke Softley, Aaron O’Reilly, Sil Swinkels, Arjan Raikhy, Hayden Lindley, Brad Young, Seb Revan, Declan Frith and Chisom Afoka

Apparently going to find out this week if they're going to be offered new deals or not.

Has there been any further updates on this? 

Not as far as I'm aware, retained and released lists will be published around June or July time, but players will know well in advance of then. Last couple of years Birmingham Mail has reported earlier in the year on who is being released from academy, and have been accurate, so we might find out via them soon.

Edited by useless

5 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Aidan Borland costing Villa £1.2 Million. Crazy money.

1.2  mill with addons is being reported with  300k up front. 

If he hits the heights then it will be a bargain. If he fades away its 300k  we have gambled and lost. 

20 hours ago, useless said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqfchGSoiYD/?hl=en

Looks like Ramsey going to Egypt, looks a very small player even bearing in mind he's still only a U15, I remember Jacob saying he was very small at that age too.

Should be a good experience for them playing against different teams from other parts of the world.

He looks 10 !!! 

• Haha 1

Birmingham Mail keep saying we're sending an U18 team, but from what I've seen we're sending a mixture of U16s and U15s, likes of Proctor, Broggio, Lott, TJ Carroll, Haywood, Cole Ramsey, Burgess, have all definitely gone, not seen anything suggesting that any of the first year scholars are part of the group.

• Like 1

Haven't seen a lineup but from photos Ben Broggio, TJ Carroll, Woody Burgess, Luka Lynch, Mark Asante Boakye, Triston Rowe, Ashton McWilliams, and Jack McDowell all played, McDowell is first year scholar, so at least one is over there.

Edited by useless

Here's facebook stream link for game tonight against Zed FC, I think it's 8pm kick-off.

Side is likely going to be made up of U16s and maybe some U15s.

Could be that we're playing a very young team compared to them, so not expecting much in the way of result, but might be interesting to see some of the pre-scholars play.

• Like 1

Half-time, looks like thirty minute halfs unless they're having three breaks. We're winning 1-0, No.7 scored,  I'm not hundred percent sure but I think is Trai'varn Mulley, good play from Luka Lynch to set him up who has looked by far our most dangerous player, very fast and direct, and got some skill as well.

Lynch actually missed a penalty, at first wasn't given, but then went to VAR, which took me by surprise for a U17 game.

From what I can tell the lineup is Proctor, McWilliams, McDowell, Asante Boakye, Triston Rowe, TJ Carroll, Lynskey, Broggio, Lynch, plus two others a central midfielder I don't recognize, could be Burgess, and No.7 who is playing advanced, as above possibly Mulley, Triston Rowe is playing left-back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finished 1-0 to us, some good individual performances, Triston Rowe, and McWilliams both good going forward, two centre-backs Asante Boakye and McDowell calm in possession, TJ Carroll composed and good distribution playing as DM just in front of the defence, Broggio who seemed to be playing deeper than usual gave ball away a few times, but also had some standout moments of good play, number seven looked dangerous running at their defence at times and scored, and Luka Lynch stood out, looked like he could go past their players with ease.

• Thanks 1

The game was very fast paced and frantic, neither team seemed to have a period of control, was more taking it in turns to attack, I've no idea if that's normal for U16 football or whether it was just the conditions and occassion that caused that. But they looked a good team, they actually beat Panathinaikos earlier in the tournament who beat us, game with us was fairly even, no idea of his name as no team announcements, but their No.15 seemed to standout to me, looked very dangerous and skilful going forward, caused our defence problems.

• Thanks 1

Â