Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

1 hour ago, useless said:

The game was very fast paced and frantic, neither team seemed to have a period of control, was more taking it in turns to attack, I've no idea if that's normal for U16 football or whether it was just the conditions and occassion that caused that. But they looked a good team, they actually beat Panathinaikos earlier in the tournament who beat us, game with us was fairly even, no idea of his name as no team announcements, but their No.15 seemed to standout to me, looked very dangerous and skilful going forward, caused our defence problems.

Who looked the standout player for Villa?

On 01/04/2023 at 21:41, useless said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqfchGSoiYD/?hl=en

Looks like Ramsey going to Egypt, looks a very small player even bearing in mind he's still only a U15, I remember Jacob saying he was very small at that age too.

Should be a good experience for them playing against different teams from other parts of the world.

Ok, that is hilarious. He looks 7. Maybe I'm just old.

On 27/03/2023 at 19:50, useless said:

Thirteen players out of contract in the summer

Charlie Lutz, Kobei Moore, Mikell Barnes, Todd Alcock, Luke Softley, Aaron O’Reilly, Sil Swinkels, Arjan Raikhy, Hayden Lindley, Brad Young, Seb Revan, Declan Frith and Chisom Afoka

Apparently going to find out this week if they're going to be offered new deals or not.

Any word yet? Your youth team updates are appreciated 👍

We spent a bit of money on Swinkels didn't we. I've never thought he looked like he could play for us, but I think he was with the first team recently?

Edited by Tomaszk

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Can I park behind North Stand and is it free for these games, never been to one before.

Usually yes, and looking at the ticket sales for this one, I'd assume that you'll be fine - if not, you should be able to park on Trinity Road, under the stand.

• Like 1

Big day for the wee ones.

U18 cup final at Villa Park v Spurs at 7pm.

'It's a showpiece event' - Under-18s ready for Premier League Cup final

'It's a showpiece event' - Under-18s ready for Premier League Cup final

Gerard Nash wants Aston Villa to embrace the occasion when they contest the Under-18 Premier League Cup final on Thursday.

The Young Lions have home advantage against Tottenham Hotspur, with a good crowd expected at Villa Park. You can secure your seat now, buy tickets here.

Nash, who is Under-18 Professional Development Coach, hopes his team can show their skills under the lights in B6.

844e9640-8082-11ed-94c4-1955ba159e24.jpg

“I can’t wait,” he said.

“I just want to see the players embrace it and relish it; I know they’re really looking forward to it.

“It’s a showpiece event at this level, which you don’t always get to play in.

“I can’t wait for the night. We’ve got some really good players and I want to see them show their talent.

More in link above ...

• Like 1

Â