Academy General Topic

smetrov

One of the players posted picture from Bodymoor, must be back in for pre-season testing or something, Jimoh is with them in Villa training gear, Broggio and I think Aidan Mee too, so presumably they signed scholarships.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oxford United Academy Assistant Manager Matt Jarvis will be moving on to pastures new next week when he starts a new role in the Education Department at Aston Villa FC. Matt has held positions as Coach, Head of Education, Safeguarding Lead and Assistant Academy Manager within the Academy and his contributions to the personal and professional development of scholars and current First Team players is ongoing. Academy Manager Stevie Kinniburgh said “Matt has spent his time at Oxford investing in the lives of young footballers and he has made an outstanding contribution. He moves on to a Premier League club, something we fully understand, and he leaves on good terms with everyone at the club. We are proud to have had him associated with us and we will proudly follow his career progression”

oufc

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Oxford United Academy Assistant Manager Matt Jarvis will be moving on to pastures new next week when he starts a new role in the Education Department at Aston Villa FC. Matt has held positions as Coach, Head of Education, Safeguarding Lead and Assistant Academy Manager within the Academy and his contributions to the personal and professional development of scholars and current First Team players is ongoing. Academy Manager Stevie Kinniburgh said “Matt has spent his time at Oxford investing in the lives of young footballers and he has made an outstanding contribution. He moves on to a Premier League club, something we fully understand, and he leaves on good terms with everyone at the club. We are proud to have had him associated with us and we will proudly follow his career progression”

oufc

Fantastic appointment, we have recruited really well over the last few years , it will all bear fruit in the end… £££ 🏆 🏆🏆

• Like 1

Great news that Trison Rowe has signed his scholarship with us, probably has a pre-agreement to sign professional terms when he turns seventeen. I guess the second announcement wil include the new signings.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cole Ramsey will be a U16 next seasoon by age as he doesn't turn sixteen until the end of the year, so won't be able to sign a acholarship until next summer, it's possible that's already been offered just can't sign it yet.  He can still play for the U18s though if deemed ready, we usually have a number of U16s playing an age up, and even a few U15s, so might even see Markie Meade at some point, or whoevers rated from that group.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 21/06/2023 at 21:32, useless said:

Yes presuming that we keep most of them, then this will probably be our most talented bunch of first year scholars since the FA Youth Cup winning team, and can add next season's U16s like Woody Burgess, Alfie Lynskey, and Vincent Haywood to those too, in fact I think we will have close to a team's worth of U16s capable of playing an group up, and there are usually two or three U15s capable of playing a couple of age groups up.

Whether it will translate to success on the pitch as a team I don't know, but as individuals there seems to be a lot of promise there.

According to soccerway.com, Hayward is born 14 October 2008, so he is only 14 and will be an u15 for this coming season and was an u14 last season. Does that make him even younger than Rushian Hepburn-Murphy was when he made his debut for our u18s? I think it might, Hepburn-Murphy was our previous youngest ever u18 player I think 

I don't know how old Hayward is exactly other than that he was apparently still just fourteen when he made his 18s debut last season, so I'm guessing he must be one of the youngest to have played at that level for us.

Just now, useless said:

I don't know how old Hayward is exactly other than that he was apparently still just fourteen when he made his 18s debut last season, so I'm guessing he must be one of the youngest to have played at that level for us.

Will you disclose the ex blues player that i think you said  signed up to a scholarship really early ??  I remember you writing about him but never got his name 

That's Jack McGrath, he was offered a scholarship last year for 2025 as posted by his father on instagram, I think he can let the club know he's accepted, and maybe sign some sort of pre-agreement, but I don't think he can sign the actual scholarship until 2025.

I think he will be an U15 next season by age.

They lost 4-3 to Watford this weekend, he got a goal and two assists, I think he's an attacking midfielder, that must have been with the U15s, as U16s played yesterday and won 5-1, but not sure who they played, possibly Watford's U16s.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

I notice Aidan Borland congratulating our new scholars on their deals, a sign that he's probably signing/signed for us, as I don't think he and our players paths would have crossed for any other reason.

Haven't heard any more on Hemmings, other than we were said to be the most keen on him and he hasn't signed his scholarship with Forest, but whether he coming to us or going somewhere else I don't know.

I thought we might have brought in a left-back and a striker as those are areas where we look short, maybe we still will do.

I think when players this young are transferred the FA have to investigate the deal and that takes a while, so probably explains why no official confirmation yet.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, useless said:

I notice Aidan Borland congratulating our new scholars on their deals, a sign that he's probably signing/signed for us, as I don't think he and our players paths would have crossed for any other reason.

Haven't heard any more on Hemmings, other than we were said to be the most keen on him and he hasn't signed his scholarship with Forest, but whether he coming to us or going somewhere else I don't know.

I thought we might have brought in a left-back and a striker as those are areas where we look short, maybe we still will do.

I think when players this young are transferred the FA have to investigate the deal and that takes a while, so probably explains why no official confirmation yet.

Back in our day everyone wanted to be a striker. These days everyone wants to be an AM . 

This seasons intake of attacking midfielders would be Lott Mulley Broggio Lynch Brannigan and the Egyptian lad  and as you say  we have no strikers coming in yet. 

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

would love if Emery saw 1 or 2 of these as capable enough to have a shot at the first team squad this season.

Obviously, only if Emery thinks they are good enough, i dont have any desire for anyone to be given a spot if they simply arent good enough.

But would be great if 1 or 2 of them could/can make that step up tho.

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

Forget sometimes that we have so many youngsters with potential. I think 6 of those are 19 or under. They could still be playing in international u21 tournaments in 4 years time based on how England had a load of 23 yr olds who won the Euro u21s. 

They have lots of time to mature.

Â