Academy General Topic

smetrov

Broggio came off the bench last night for the U21s against Solihull the only new scholar in the squad, would have been his first game against senior opposition. U21s play again on Saturday against  Cardiff U21s at Bodymoor.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, useless said:

Broggio came off the bench last night for the U21s against Solihull the only new scholar in the squad, would have been his first game against senior opposition. U21s play again on Saturday against  Cardiff U21s at Bodymoor.

Have you got a list of all the subs and numbers they wore? Just interested to see who was whom

The subs were Oliwier Zych (GK), Kyrie Pierre, Kerr Smith, Mikell Barnes, Ben Chrisene, Todd Alcock, Ewan Simpson, Teddy Rowe, Ben Broggio, Rory Wilson, and Kobei Moore

Don't know the numbers though, other than that Ewan Simpson came on and he was number eighteen, Broggio would have played in attack somewhere, probably as a wide forward or second striker/number ten, usually has his socks rolled down like Grealish, I think Kobei Moore might have been number twenty-two

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

The subs were Oliwier Zych (GK), Kyrie Pierre, Kerr Smith, Mikell Barnes, Ben Chrisene, Todd Alcock, Ewan Simpson, Teddy Rowe, Ben Broggio, Rory Wilson, and Kobei Moore

Don't know the numbers though, other than that Ewan Simpson came on and he was number eighteen, Broggio would have played in attack somewhere, probably as a wide forward or second striker/number ten, usually has his socks rolled down like Grealish, I think Kobei Moore might have been number twenty-two

If Moore was 22, he is huge. Is Broggio quite short? If so I think he was wearing 19, tried to make quite a lot happen, but final ball was a little off. 

From watching that the sub numbers were:

Subs: Kerr Smith 14, Mikell Barnes 15, Todd Alcock 17, Kyrie Pierre 12, Rory Wilson 21, Ted Rowe 19, Ewan Simpson 18, Ben Broggio 20, Kobei Moore 22, Ben Chrisene 16

And the starting line-up

James Wright 1, Frankie Ealing 2, Finley Munroe 3, Josh Feeney 4, Aaron O'Reilly 5, Lamare Bogarde 6, Chisom Afoka 7, Travis Patterson 8, Louie Barry 9, Tommi O'Reilly 10, Rico Richards 11

• Thanks 1

The influx of talent into our academy is getting bigger and bigger. From my reckoning ( if the additions hinted at are true ) we will have in our u16 and u17 ranks this season 7 England Internationals 3 Scottish 3 N.I. 1 Welshman and an Egyptan.  15 age group internationals to try and win the FA Youth Cup. 

Alongside that Kellyman i believe is switching to England this season making that 8 England Internationals. And not just players called up for development squads. These have all played for their country. We can add another 3 or 4 if we include the development squads. 

Scary how fast our youth system is developing

Probably not going to be one here much for the foreseeable but before i leave i must  give total props to what i think is the most important part of our future progress. The academy.

With all of the plans now in place for inner city academy and the satellte academies down the M5 we are going to have first dibs on a huge macro area of the uk if we continue to push ours ahead of blues baggies and wolves. I think its something like 7  million people that will be in our catchment area.  Up north u have the liverpool and manchester teams competig for players. In London it is insane as they have the whole of the london clubs scrapping for talent. 

In a couple of years time we will be no longer taking from other clubs as often as we do as we will already have them in our system. 

Unless a player is assocated to another club as a fan then i would hope we can attract them in front of the other clubs due to the quality of coaching and facilities.  

• Like 2

Omar Khedr currently in England looks like he's beein training with us as posted picture from Bodymoor in Villa training gear. Whether he's signing for us or going to Vitoria first I don't know, he was traning with them last week.

Ahmed A. Elaziz too

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvKTQi0IPhu/?hl=en

Edited by useless

We play in the U17 Youngster Cup this weekend, other teams involved are Marseille, Juventus, FC Basel, Union Berlin, Porto, Benfica, Galatasaray, Borussia Mönchengladbach. We're in an initial group with Union Berlin and Port and play both those teams on Saturday. I'm presuming we will want as many of the next season's new scholars as possible to take part as looks like it should be a good experience for the players playing against what I presume are some top academy sides, so wouldn't be surprised if we announce the rest of scholars, or some of them if we can, beforehand, although with us you never know.

• Thanks 1

They didn't announce new signings before German tournament, if any of them playing I thought they might have done, obviousy not, but Cole Brannigan is definitely part of the squad, hopefully the others too as will be good for them to get some pre-season games. We play Wolves as well this Tuesday.

Edited by useless

Looks like it was forty-five minute game, so we win 1-0 thanks to great Luka Lynch strike, our team from what I could make out was

Sam Proctor, Ashton Mcwilliams, Triston Rowe, Max Asante-Boakye, Rodrigo Fortes, Woody Burgess, Alfie Lynsky, TJ Carroll, Cole Brannigan, Luka Lynch and Broggio, Brannigan was subbed off for Elijah Briscoe who had the goal disallowed.

Number six was TJ Carroll

• Thanks 1

I keep forgetting about the time difference with these tournaments so only saw the last 10 mins. It was raining buckets out there.

Great goal by Lynch and we looked more comfortable on the ball than the Germans.

Edited by I Make Pies

Â