Academy General Topic

smetrov

22 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Kellyman is a surprise to me, the others I expected them to be there at some point. No Young is surprising though.

If there is no Young then i guess its an injury. Kellyman is a potential star. As soon as he develops more power he will be scary. It might even have happened over the summer . 

• Thanks 1

I missed it but Scottish media were reporting a few weeks back that Aidan Borland is signing for us, played an age group up for Celtic's U18s last season, Scotland U16 captain, looks a good attacking box-to-box midfielder.

Not sure if the rest of the scholars are going to be just new signings, or whether there's still more to come from our U16s, no Cayden Bennett, Tom Owen, or Aiden Mee in the first announcement, either they've left, will be in the second announcement, or are younger than I thought.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2023 at 20:50, MaVilla said:

would love if Emery saw 1 or 2 of these as capable enough to have a shot at the first team squad this season.

Obviously, only if Emery thinks they are good enough, i dont have any desire for anyone to be given a spot if they simply arent good enough.

But would be great if 1 or 2 of them could/can make that step up tho.

if we get to the group stage of the ECL id be disappointed if someone doesn't make their debut, if all of them stay id expect tim and AJ to feature in a couple of games, then maybe loans after christmas

its part of what makes the ECL so interesting / exciting

unai gave saka his debut vs a Czech or Romanian team in a EL dead rubber, no pressure lads but im expecting a repeat of that moment!

Can't find any details but our some of our academy are currently in Czech for pre-season tournament, they played today but don't know who against or what the score was, do know that Ben Broggio got a goal.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Can't find any details but our some of our academy are currently in Czech for pre-season tournament, they played today but don't know who against or what the score was, do know that Ben Broggio got a goal.

Is that the same tournament we entered last summer?

We played in two Czech tournaments last summer, one for U17s and another for U19s, the U19 tournament was called the CEE Cup, we're not in that this year, so I doubt we're in the U17 competition either as I think that that and the CEE Cup were related, same teams invited.

We played Viktoria Plzeň today, play MŠK Žilina, tomorrow and NK Domžale on Sunday.

Edited by useless

Beat MŠK Žilina on penalties today, game finished 3-3, don't know who scored our goals but Broggio says he got two assists.

Not sure who they played but U16s won 5-1, Cole Ramsey scored one of the goals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Beat MŠK Žilina on penalties today, game finished 3-3, don't know who scored our goals but Broggio says he got two assists.

Not sure who they played but U16s won 5-1, Cole Ramsey scored one of the goals.

Played Luton .. he also got 3 assists 🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

I wonder whether Emery will look at our youth players in a completely different way and it'll be one of the less talked about names that ends up contributing to the squad.  I've just got a hunch he will find a quality in someone seemingly a bit more under the radar to add to the squad.  That said, I'm putting my money on Louie Barry having a breakout season, based on nothing really.

On 13/07/2023 at 15:32, useless said:

Not sure if the rest of the scholars are going to be just new signings, or whether there's still more to come from our U16s, no Cayden Bennett, Tom Owen, or Aiden Mee in the first announcement, either they've left, will be in the second announcement, or are younger than I thought.

Owen Signed for Walsall, I didn't realise but he actually came off the bench for them against us on Saturday, so he's doing well to be getting minutes with their first team already, albeit only pre-season.

Edit: looks like Cayden Bennett has signed for them as well, or he was at least playing for one of their academy teams back in May, so looks like he's moved on from us.

Edited by useless

On 13/07/2023 at 15:32, useless said:

I missed it but Scottish media were reporting a few weeks back that Aidan Borland is signing for us, played an age group up for Celtic's U18s last season, Scotland U16 captain, looks a good attacking box-to-box midfielder.

Aidan Borland (Celtic ) as you said above , Cole Brannigan, Calum Moreland (Linfield),Jamal Jimoh (WBA ) all in the u18s first years 

Borland, Brannigan, Moreland, and Jimoh didn't play in Czech tournament as far as I can tell, didn't see any official line-ups so they could have been there, but they weren't in any of the pictures from the games or pre-game team photos.

Hopefully get official confirmation on those four this week, George Hemmings of Forest is also rumoured.

Broggio won player of the tournament, was interesting to see Rodrigo Fortes there, he and Alfie Lynskey the only U16s I noticed the rest were first and second year scholars.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Borland, Brannigan, Moreland, and Jimoh didn't play in Czech tournament as far as I can tell, didn't see any official line-ups so they could have been there, but they weren't in any of the pictures from the games or pre-game team photos.

Hopefully get official confirmation on those four this week, George Hemmings of Forest is also rumoured.

Broggio won player of the tournament, was interesting to see Rodrigo Fortes there, he and Alfie Lynskey the only U16s I noticed the rest were first and second year scholars.

All signed 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chine said:

All signed 👍

Linfield set to receive ‘significant’ fee as talented young pair net Premier League move

Linfield set to receive ‘significant’ fee as talented young pair net Premier League move

6ee46f96-2e1a-4681-9498-e99a3303b54c.jpg

Northern Ireland youngsters Cole Brannigan and Callum Moreland will begin their professional careers with Aston Villa next week after completing moves from Linfield.

The promising duo have signed four-year deals with the Premier League outfit who view them as potential first team stars of the future.

The Belfast Telegraph revealed last year that Brannigan and Moreland were set to transfer to Villa and now, as they prepare to leave home, there is a determination in both to grasp what is a golden opportunity.

Brannigan is an attacking midfielder who is comfortable on the wing while fellow 16-year-old Moreland is a left sided centre-back.

They have already represented Northern Ireland at youth level and there are high hopes in the Irish FA that with their ability they will eventually come through to the senior squad.

Brannigan had been linked with Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Leeds, while a number of clubs were also keen on Moreland, but the pair opted for Villa.

They are the latest young players from the Linfield conveyor belt, with senior boss David Healy and head of youth Glenn Ferguson key figures in bringing the brightest teenage talents from across the country to Windsor Park in order to develop them into first team players for the Blues or to help them move across the water.

More in link...

• Like 3

We will be up and running at the new Brookvale site in the next  2 weeks , fantastic work to get this facility a fully booked schedule for Talent ID and outside organisations to get players through the doors to 👀 , hopefully the start of many new AVFC sites popping up in coming years , UTV 

• Like 1

Â