Johan Lange

hippo

• 2 weeks later...

Gets off lightly. Not sure what his job is to be honest anymore other than just randomly choosing well known players and giving them astronomical wage packets.

What is he doing that we all couldn’t? Genuinely? I see more scouting in our transfer thread than what goes on at Villa. 

Has it honestly taken 3 months of enquiries, negotiation, scouting etc. to land on Watfords Ismailia Sarr? Laughable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gets off lightly. Not sure what his job is to be honest anymore other than just randomly choosing well known players and giving them astronomical wage packets.

What is he doing that we all couldn’t? Genuinely? I see more scouting in our transfer thread than what goes on at Villa. 

Has it honestly taken 3 months of enquiries, negotiation, scouting etc. to land on Watfords Ismailia Sarr? Laughable. 

It's easy to not sign shit players. It's easy to not sign players who don't fit your formation.

It's easy not to sign players who we'll be releasing for nothing at the end of their contract.

What the hell we've been doing suddenly buying 29 and 30 year olds is mad. Absolutely mad.

• Like 1

How has he managed to not land any Danish players despite his contacts and missed opportunities to land the likes of Damsgaard? What is he actually being paid to do?

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

How has he managed to not land any Danish players despite his contacts and missed opportunities to land the likes of Damsgaard? What is he actually being paid to do?

Sign footballers we've all heard of for inflated prices.

• Haha 1

This guy has me seriously concerned. The shift in transfer policy to older players is not a good one. I think we do our scouting on FIFA 22.

Now we go after a winger when we don’t play with wingers, I kind of hoped we’d learned to actually buy players that we need by now. 

It’s as silly as a bum full of Smarties. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, By the arse of McGinn said:

This guy has me seriously concerned. The shift in transfer policy to older players is not a good one. I think we do our scouting on FIFA 22.

Now we go after a winger when we don’t play with wingers, I kind of hoped we’d learned to actually buy players that we need by now. 

It’s as silly as a bum full of Smarties. 

The shift in the policy to sign more older players is hardly Lange’s choice though. Purslow has been quoted saying Gerrard asked him to ”take the age structure up a bit” (something like that).

Gerrard wanted quick fixes and older players on high wages are seen as that. Purslow gave his blessings.

My view of Lange is that he keeps out of the way as much as possible, does whatever someone tells him to do and is happy to hold down a well paying job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The shift in the policy to sign more older players is hardly Lange’s choice though. Purslow has been quoted saying Gerrard asked him to ”take the age structure up a bit” (something like that).

Gerrard wanted quick fixes and older players on high wages are seen as that. Purslow gave his blessings.

My view of Lange is that he keeps out of the way as much as possible, does whatever someone tells him to do and is happy to hold down a well paying job.

If we had bought a load of young players you could swallow it. They're young, they'll develop, we will get our money back, or they'll kick on. There is something to buy into.

We've bought way too many players, on the biggest deal of their career who won't kick on, we won't sell and they aren't going to improve no matter what.

I'm so angry we've binned all that good work.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think generally he has cut some decent deals.  But from a squad building strategy and recruitment perspective it's not been cohesive. From buying random players that don't fit a system to revamping a stats-based recruitment team which we don't appear to be utilising, as anyone could call those signing.  Where are the diamonds in the rough that other clubs seem to make?! It just seems a mess. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Spot on.

Where is Lange's eye for talent. Time for him to go. 

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

In that case, we should’ve brought in a manager that fitted the club policy of buying talent with a potential to improve and in turn, sell without loss if they didn’t work out. 

The irony is that the position we needed the most (CDM) is where we’ve signed the youngest player. 

Tearing up the rule book to suit a relatively untested manager is commercial suicide…..and on this evidence doesn’t work.

Edited by By the arse of McGinn
Spelling correction
  • Like 4

Â