Johan Lange

hippo

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If his job is to get us a good squad, then I don't think he's doing too badly.

If you'd told us 12 months ago we'd have a new manager and we'd have added, Digne, Coutinho, a supposedly very good DM and a supposedly very good CB to the squad to compliment our previous summer signings of Ings, Buendia, Bailey and co I don't think any of us would have quite believed it.

The problem is the man managing them. Not the players, imo.

That's not to say it's been perfect. Coutinho is looking like an expensive dud, as is Bailey. But in general you look at our squad and it is far FAR stronger than it was 12-18 months ago

Chuck in the academy stuff too and also the new contracts for Ramsey, Tim, archer etc 

He's getting a lot right

But as long as we don't win football matches there'll be calls to sack everyone 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If his job is to get us a good squad, then I don't think he's doing too badly.

If you'd told us 12 months ago we'd have a new manager and we'd have added, Digne, Coutinho, a supposedly very good DM and a supposedly very good CB to the squad to compliment our previous summer signings of Ings, Buendia, Bailey and co I don't think any of us would have quite believed it.

The problem is the man managing them. Not the players, imo.

That's not to say it's been perfect. Coutinho is looking like an expensive dud, as is Bailey. But in general you look at our squad and it is far FAR stronger than it was 12-18 months ago

Completely agree, on paper we have made some good signings, some very good, if this squad isnt performing, its on the manager for me.

Could we improve on some positions? - yes, do we badly need some improvements in some positions? - yes.

However, if you write these signings down on paper, i think they are all decent/good/excellent signings:

• Carlos
  • Coutinho
  • Kamara
  • Buendia
  • Bailey
  • Digne

All good to excellent signings for me, the majority of our issues for me, is the managers sh** tactics and formation etc.

• Like 1

Its been  2 and a half weeks since we lost Carlos. And its 36 hours till the cut off deadline. Since then we have let another centre half out on loan. 

Leaving  mings chambers and konsa as the only centrehalves over the age of 18 . 

Time is ticking Johan. For such an ultra professional organisation like ours maybe you are not working quick enough to avoid any last minute mishaps on a potential deal 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its been  2 and a half weeks since we lost Carlos. And its 36 hours till the cut off deadline. Since then we have let another centre half out on loan. 

Leaving  mings chambers and konsa as the only centrehalves over the age of 18 . 

Time is ticking Johan. For such an ultra professional organisation like ours maybe you are not working quick enough to avoid any last minute mishaps on a potential deal 

gonna look very silly if we dont sign a defender, but let Hause go on loan.

• Like 2

The coach being on the precipice of the sack probably damages our ability to shop right now. Although may well improve our ability to hang onto players he has mistreated. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Agreed, but then why loan out Hause before we get it sorted?

because lange asked gerrard and gerrard said one of the kids is ahead of him in the pecking order?

no point in keeping hause here if he's never going to get picked

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

because lange asked gerrard and gerrard said one of the kids is ahead of him in the pecking order?

no point in keeping hause here if he's never going to get picked

Who Feeney? 

I'd be surprised given his age but maybe. Still seems risky when we acknowledge that bringing players in takes time and there's a deadline coming. 

I dunno, this summer is starting to feel like a bit of a mess again as did last summer. I'm not saying he should be sacked because truthfully, I'm unsure of the exact job role he has. But between him and Purslow I feel like we're being quite mismanaged atm. If his sole responsibility is to ensure we have a good squad, then yeah our squad is better than last years. But I feel like there should be more to it than that, especially in a sense that there's synergy between the direction the club wants to go in and the players, staff and manager we employ. That side of things seems a bit of a mess, to me at least.

But this is all totally from an outside looking in view.

When you compare how we've been run over the past 24 months to a club such as Brighton or Brentford who clearly have a strong idea of what they want to be. Can't help but feel we're missing a trick or two. Though, I also fully appreciate that I'm comparing us to seemingly two of the best well ran clubs in the league as of right now. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

Who Feeney? 

I'd be surprised given his age but maybe. Still seems risky when we acknowledge that bringing players in takes time and there's a deadline coming. 

i dont see it as being solely a lange decision or it being a closed shop

we get an enquiry about hause, lange asks gerrard where he is on the squad depth list, gerrard says 6th, we loan him

if we have an injury crisis i dont expect gerrard to throw lange under the bus for loaning out someone who he rated, he's been allowed to go because gerrard didnt 

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I dunno, this summer is starting to feel like a bit of a mess again as did last summer. I'm not saying he should be sacked because truthfully, I'm unsure of the exact job role he has. But between him and Purslow I feel like we're being quite mismanaged atm. If his sole responsibility is to ensure we have a good squad, then yeah our squad is better than last years. But I feel like there should be more to it than that, especially in a sense that there's synergy between the direction the club wants to go in and the players, staff and manager we employ. That side of things seems a bit of a mess, to me at least.

But this is all totally from an outside looking in view.

When you compare how we've been run over the past 24 months to a club such as Brighton or Brentford who clearly have a strong idea of what they want to be. Can't help but feel we're missing a trick or two. Though, I also fully appreciate that I'm comparing us to seemingly two of the best well ran clubs in the league as of right now. 

i see it as they win football matches and we don't so the simple answer is they are better ran than we are yet neither club has a better squad than us, wouldn't say either have a better starting 11 or better academy either

they just have a better football manager

56 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Deals take time. It’s not a simple process. 

Must have had some deals ongoing for the last 3 months then...  As we have seen with deadline day a bid can be submitted and finalized pretty much the same day, here is a clue at what is probably going on right now in villa parkspacer.png

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Were going to be langeuishing around the relegation places all season thanks to this guy.

not really, we'll be languishing around the relegation places for as long as we keep gerrard

this isnt a relegation candidate squad, nowhere near it

Â