Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

45 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I do! I do! AFAIK, I was the only Goth in Brum (1991-1994) who had a Villa pin badge on his leather jacket

I think the question was more the rhetorical kind, incidentally, did you ever hang around St Phillips churchyard with all the rest of the doom and glooms? 

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Bricking the Watford game more than this one

I don’t actually feel nervous about either. I see us as down as I don’t think we can get the points regardless of what anyone else does and anything other than relegation would be a very surprising bonus. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

My lad has football training so I can’t watch it. Probably a good thing.

same here but can see me listening to it in the car watching him train

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Tonight is feckin huge, down and we go drawing board again, stay up and these owners will make SOME statement by backing us to the max, down, Jack goes, up he stays, just hope our boys can handle the pressure and that muppet club down south get what they deserve.

Muppets 0-8 Citeh

Villa 1-0 Arsenal 

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Bricking the Watford game more than this one

Me too, but I think it's just because it's up first - As soon as that finishes it will all be about us - Will be so much less pressure if they have lost by 3 or 4.🙏

Just looked on Skybet and Watford or Draw (double chance) is 9/4 - So basically if you put £100 it would return £325 - The gambler in me is very tempted.. Not cos I think it will win, just that it would be a bit of a softener should it happen.

But then I think, surely Man City will win tonight and why waste that sort of money (which I haven't really got to lose 😅) - Just hope City get an early goal to calm the nerves 💩

26 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Win today and we still have a chance, regardless of what Watford do against Manchester City.

True, although a Watford loss and a draw for us would actually be better for us than us winning and Watford winning.

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

ditto

Like my head says no way they don't lose this one, and heavily at that. But football is so unpredictable. Nobody predicted they would end Liverpool's Invincibles hopes, but they smashed them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Like my head says no way they don't lose this one, and heavily at that. But football is so unpredictable. Nobody predicted they would end Liverpool's Invincibles hopes, but they smashed them.

the closer it gets the more the 'what if' demons start to circle in my mind.  This is just horrible and would be on the sauce already if I did not have to take the lad to football training

15 minutes ago, Mantis said:

True, although a Watford loss and a draw for us would actually be better for us than us winning and Watford winning.

All I care about right now is us taking something from Arsenal. But you're probably right, especially considering Watford have a better GD.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think the question was more the rhetorical kind, incidentally, did you ever hang around St Phillips churchyard with all the rest of the doom and glooms? 

Yip, Pigeon Park steps, miserable git

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I'm watching tonight, in bed with a box full of sweets. I feel strangely optimistic. They're my favourite sweets.

I have just changed my dog biscuits......to "Winalot".....hoping for an omen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I have just changed my dog biscuits......to "Winalot".....hoping for an omen.

Love your optimism, I think Pedigree Chump would be more appropriate..

• Haha 1