Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

One thing you have to say is that if Watford lose to Man city by 2 or 3 what a motivation for Villa to know if they can beat Arsenal there is a chance they could be out of the relegation zone on Tuesday night on goals scored - That's huge going into the last weekend especially 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

One thing you have to say is that if Watford lose to Man city by 2 or 3 what a motivation for Villa to know if they can beat Arsenal there is a chance they could be out of the relegation zone on Tuesday night on goals scored - That's huge going into the last weekend especially 

Also, Arsenal have just had a really tough game against City. Areteta will most likely rest a few players given the short turn around. But they have a very decent squad so replacements won't be poor.

I think we can get a draw and hope Watford lose 3-4 goals on their GD. Go into the last game knowing a win will keep us up. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rjw63 said:

A good result here would be akin to Jesus' resurrection, feeding 5000.hungry ingrates with a sardine and a loaf of Warbutons, and Piers Morgan not being a massive bellend, all rolled into one.

I believed all of that was possible until I read that last part. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think there is a bigger chance in them resting players against Watford. Only days before the Cup Final.

I doubt that. This is their 4th game in 9 days. The risk of injury is greater in our game than Watford's game. 

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I doubt that. This is their 4th game in 9 days. The risk of injury is greater in our game than Watford's game. 

Thats my line of thinking, managers look at the stats alot and they will have players approaching that ''red'' zone so will they rest a few Tuesday and then use Watford to prepare 

14 hours ago, rjw63 said:

A good result here would be akin to Jesus' resurrection, feeding 5000.hungry ingrates with a sardine and a loaf of Warbutons, and Piers Morgan not being a massive bellend, all rolled into one.

Damn, I was seriously getting my hopes up till you raised the Piers Morgan requirement. 

• Haha 2

Sorry to wee on everyone's chips here but i just don't see us getting a result tomorrow night. Don't get me wrong,  I'd be bouncing around and have every confidence for the west aaam game should we nick it but we're powder puff in attack and dont take the chances even when they do present themselves. Our forwards are pants.

I think arsenal will just put us out of our misery. We've been given plenty of opportunities thanks to other teams messing up and we've not taken advantage. 

I have to say I've not enjoyed being back at the top table this season at all and i wonder if even 3 seasons away from it is too long ?

I'm off to play my Morrissey records to cheer myself up 😢

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I think there is a bigger chance in them resting players against Watford. Only days before the Cup Final.

They play Watford a week before the FA Cup final.

Made up negativity now.

Edited by fightoffyour

Yeah in all likelihood Arsenal will win this. They should be too strong for us, Aubameyang, Pepe and Lacazette should have our defence for toast and with our lack of goals and pace up front, we’re not best placed to counter them. 

However, football’s a funny old game, a game of two halves, and one that continually throws up surprises. So maybe, just maybe that will happen tomorrow. People say it’s the hope that kills you, I say it’s the hope that keeps you interested. Where’s the fun in this game if we just expect the worst. Up until we have that big R next to our name, I’ll still hope we can do the impossible. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

and one that continually throws up surprises. So maybe, just maybe that will happen tomorrow. 

Whilst I agree on this for everyone else, it only seems to be us who never throw in the surprise result. 

We just seem to be incapable of getting a result against the top teams especially when the chips are down. 

It's time for us to turn the tide on this and finally get a result, even a completely undeserved one where our only shot bounces in off someone's backside.  

I'm sick of us losing every game everyone predicts we will lose. 

• Like 2

Looks like Arteta will rest a number of players for this. we are playing them at a good time. I know they have beaten the two best teams in England lately but they are already in the europa league, nothing to play for. 

41 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Looks like Arteta will rest a number of players for this. we are playing them at a good time. I know they have beaten the two best teams in England lately but they are already in the europa league, nothing to play for. 

Arsenal need to win the FA Cup or finish in the top 7 to Qualify for Europe. The rules were changed a few years back regarding cup final losers. 

Edited by Baldricks Cunning Plan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Don't think they qualify for Europe unless they win the Cup.

47 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Arsenal need to win the FA Cup or finish in the top 7 to Qualify for Europe. The rules were changed a few years back regarding cup final losers. 

I am sure this rule was active five years ago when we lost to them in the cup. It's not new.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Being a Villa fan for a long long time I forecast 

We will some how beat Arsenal 1:0, we will still be dancing and whistling the tune to the Great escape as we go back to type and get beat by W ham  

You missed your last line:

"Watford are beaten 1-3 by Manchester City and then 0-2 by Arsenal. Bournemouth draw 1-1 at Everton and we all live happily ever after. 😉

• Like 1