Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’ll take the lead then concede in 2 in the last 10 minutes.

They just said on Talksport we’re looking for first back to back PL wins since 2015.

Did we not beat Norwich then Brighton earlier this season  back to back

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Did we not beat Norwich then Brighton earlier this season  back to back

We did indeed sir.

We beat Brighton 2-1 at B6 after beating Norwich 5-1 in front of Prince Wills and the family at Carrow Road the week before.

Thank you for reminding me why I don't listen to shows like TalkShite.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

They just said on Talksport we’re looking for first back to back PL wins since 2015.

We didn't win the last one, but I see what they are getting at. I'm hoping 3 or 4 points, could be enough, but Talksport don't want to make things to sound too optimistic for us, do they?

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Its back to back home matches they mean

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We did indeed sir.

We beat Brighton 2-1 at B6 after beating Norwich 5-1 in front of Prince Wills and the family at Carrow Road the week before.

Thank you for reminding me why I don't listen to shows like TalkShite.

Cb_82 beat me to it 

Edited by deeps

47 minutes ago, Genie said:

I mean we were in the championship for quite a while to. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

Arsenal are extremely beatable. We need to be committed and resolute. We need to play higher up the pitch and not give their back 4 a second of peace. I would start with Jack, Trez and Davis as a front 3 and get them to stay high up the pitch. SJM, Nakamba and Luiz in the middle to work their socks off and protect the back 4. If all goes to plan Conor on for SJM and AEG on for Trez in the last 30 to really go for it. We can do this!!!!!

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Arsenal are extremely beatable.

Beat Plop and Citeh in the last two games.

That doesn't sound "extremely beatable",  it sounds more like "coming into form just at the wrong time for us".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Is that home wins? Or did I miss a late late winner at Goodison?!

Edit: whoops should of continued reading the thread, sorry old bean.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
apology
  • Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

is it not two for joy?

You're so right. And here's the worse of it, everytime I see a single Magpie I always greet it with the words : " good morning Mr Magpie, how's your wife and kids". I know, crazy, right?  I was strangely thinking 2 for sorrow. 

Arsenal are not quite as beatable under Arteta as they used to be, seems like he's going to be a good manager, he even acknowledged the lack of crowd being a big disadvantage to us. However they do have other things on their minds at the moment, so will likely be resting a few and you've always got a chance if Luiz and Mustafi are playing.

I can see this being very cagey and boring, our need is greater but we lack the cutting edge, they'll not want it to be an end to end affair as I imagine they are keeping their eye on fitness after two tough games recently and a cup final on the horizon.

I'm thinking probably a draw, praying for a win though!

james franco please GIF

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You're so right. And here's the worse of it, everytime I see a single Magpie I always greet it with the words : " good morning Mr Magpie, how's your wife and kids". I know, crazy, right?  I was strangely thinking 2 for sorrow. 

Are you related to me? I do exactly the same, even got the kids doing it much to the wife's distaste. I have also driven 30 odd miles to see another Magpie when I had  only seen one locally a few years ago. The Mrs's also teases me if I miss one when driving and reckons they report back to king Magpie regarding my indiscretion for not saluting the Magpie, thus bringing me bad luck,  I play this down but secretly it does worry me

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1