Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

If Watford beat Man City we’re pretty much relegated before our game kicks off.

Do you like Gothic music?

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Man City will win as will we tonight,  pair of magpies just landed on the garden outside my office window, also have the playoff 'winning; shirt on and the same underwear as Wembley even though they have developed an escape hatch at the bottom 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You're so right. And here's the worse of it, everytime I see a single Magpie I always greet it with the words : " good morning Mr Magpie, how's your wife and kids". I know, crazy, right?  I was strangely thinking 2 for sorrow. 

One for joy, two for sorrow, Villa effectively staying up by tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's one big " if." 

It sure is and to be fair if Watford beat Liverpool and Citeh they probably deserve to stay up in all honesty. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Not necessarily....

They win 2-1 and we win 2-1 tonight. They lose 0-3 on the last day and we win 2-1. Always look on the bright side of life! ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John said:

Not necessarily....

They win 2-1 and we win 2-1 tonight. They lose 0-3 on the last day and we win 2-1. Always look on the bright side of life! ;) 

I suppose, not impossible, we just need to win 3 in a row and hope Watford lose last game fairly heavy.

If Man City are in the mood for goals tonight it’ll be very exciting!

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I suppose, not impossible, we just need to win 3 in a row and hope Watford lose last game fairly heavy.

If Man City are in the mood for goals tonight it’ll be very exciting!

Even easier than that. Two will do it. :) 

5 minutes ago, John said:

Even easier than that. Two will do it. :) 

Plus the Palace win, i’d forgotten about the Everton game already :lol: 

3 wins out of 4 then. 10 points from the last 4 games would be quite an achievement! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

You don't need to worry my 11 year old son had a dream that we were 4-0 up at half-time. 🤪

....Didnt tell you the second half score did he!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

See y'all at 5:15am AEST.

Let's go Villa, time to rise to the occasion, lord knows we've been waiting all season for it to happen, back up the performance last time out and give ourselves a chance at being rewarded with three points and a chance at safety, take a scalp from one of Europe's best in the process. However, It's a completely different fixture and Arsenal won't allow us to win the midfield as easy as Everton did, but if we play to the standards we did at Goodison, we can win today. You watch, the players give as much as they did at Goodison Park and Smith tweaks the roles within the formation and overall tactics to suit this game, and we'll have a contest. Everyone's disappointed after Everton, despite a great showing from our lot, let's finish this season strong, so we don't have to look back at how Everton ended, and we can look back at how the season ended and celebrate.

UTV!

• Like 2