Pre Match Thread - Villa's Last Stand !

Paul33

A win would be a huge step toward safety. A draw would be a pretty good one. Need to get a result here. Have to start Davis against that comedy defence. Mustafi was embarrassed by Harry Kane last week, I imagine he won't be able to handle Keinan. Might even start Samatta up there too, just to double our chances of scoring from 1 to 2%.

• Haha 1

Ok so Wham bear Wankford 3-0 ( they are 2 up already after 15 min) and Man City wack them 4-0. If we lose by only 2 to Arse then gd is equal. We beat Wham and Arse beat Wankford then, guess what........

1 minute ago, drrotcod said:

Ok so Wham bear Wankford 3-0 ( they are 2 up already after 15 min) and Man City wack them 4-0. If we lose by only 2 to Arse then gd is equal. We beat Wham and Arse beat Wankford then, guess what........

Bournemouth get to stay up. :D 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

A win would be a huge step toward safety. A draw would be a pretty good one. Need to get a result here. Have to start Davis against that comedy defence. Mustafi was embarrassed by Harry Kane last week, I imagine he won't be able to handle Keinan. Might even start Samatta up there too, just to double our chances of scoring from 1 to 2%.

Comparing Keinan to Kane I see 🤨

Didn't Arsenal defence have trouble with Iniesta also? So won't be able to handle Mcginn 

Didn't Ronaldo use to tear Arsenal apart. Not sure how they handle El Ghazi then

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Comparing Keinan to Kane I see 🤨

Didn't Arsenal defence have trouble with Iniesta also? So won't be able to handle Mcginn 

Didn't Ronaldo use to tear Arsenal apart. Not sure how they handle El Ghazi then

You missed the point. Keinan is much more of a handful than Kane who is slow and immobile. Difference is, Kane is clever enough and has the skill to do something about having the better of Mustafi where if you notice from my post, I think Davis only has the 1% chance of scoring. But an advantage is an advantage. I hope to God Mustafi starts on Tuesday.

They play at 7:45 tonight - hopefully they’ll be knackered for our game. Meanwhile hopefully City will be fresh as daisies against Watford despite less turnaround time...

1 hour ago, chappy said:

They play at 7:45 tonight - hopefully they’ll be knackered for our game. Meanwhile hopefully City will be fresh as daisies against Watford despite less turnaround time...

To be fair, Man City could change their entire 11 and they would still have a better team than Watford. Man City are still going strong as well, they want to show everyone they are good to win next seasons league so they won’t let up on Watford. A 5/6-0 tonking would be wonderful.

Whilst Arsenal have a strong bench, they don’t have 11 extra players that are better than us. I just hope they see the cup as best chance for silverware/Europe and go all out for it. Also hope Luiz plays completely bonkers and scores a hat trick of own goals... 

We can still do it, just need to hope either we are level pegging with Watford or at the very least get a better goal difference. Win, we have a good chance to stay up. Lose, we are probably done/if not already (say Watford pull a miracle against City). Draw, not great, but we may still have a chance... 

Shame Bournemouth have an easier last 2 games. Hopefully Southampton and Everton stay off the beach...

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

You missed the point. Keinan is much more of a handful than Kane who is slow and immobile. Difference is, Kane is clever enough and has the skill to do something about having the better of Mustafi where if you notice from my post, I think Davis only has the 1% chance of scoring. But an advantage is an advantage. I hope to God Mustafi starts on Tuesday.

Okay I get your point. Keinan is better than Kane 

As bizarre as it sounds, what worries me is how big our pitch is and how nice our dressing rooms are. Arsenal won’t have to adapt to any poor quality conditions so it’ll be very comfortable for their precious players.

Our pitch is so big and beautiful that it only ever seems to benefit the better teams.