Ratings & Reactions: Everton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/07/20 at 22:59

3 hours ago, skell said:

Utter bullshit.  The original comment was about signing maupay and Benrahma. The other poster suggested I was pulling facts from thin air.  It's not based on nothing its.based on common sense, articles and good sources and managers comments.   Let me.ask you a question , donyou think grealish will go? If the answer is yes I would.ask why?  Are you pulling facts from thin air. There is a big difference between possibly  grealish going to a.manchester club and grealish going to barca. Ask yourself why?   Common sense or something you've read maybe .

So your " FACTS " are based on semantics....ok then.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's down to the player. All forwards go through difficult spells. Are you putting his form at the managers door? 

Just asking the question?

are all the players, who are playing worse, down to them, then?

funny how so many have lost form round about the same time.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Just asking the question?

are all the players, who are playing worse, down to them, then?

funny how so many have lost form round about the same time.

I get constructive criticism, I really do. But we have improved no end in the last two games, especially in our general play. 

What about the players who have improved? Hourihane, Luiz, Konsa, even and Mings, are you going to give the manager credit for their improvement? 

I get you don't want Smith as manager, you never did, but credit where credits due, imo. 

21 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I get constructive criticism, I really do. But we have improved no end in the last two games, especially in our general play. 

What about the players who have improved? Hourihane, Luiz, Konsa, even and Mings, are you going to give the manager credit for their improvement? 

I get you don't want Smith as manager, you never did, but credit where credits due, imo. 

My early posts on him have never said that, like all our managers, i have given them all the benefit of the doubt.....until, i see enough to tell me otherwise.

The last 2 games have shown improvement but, too small a sample and too little too late and still yet again a poor conceded goal after going ahead, all too familiar....my point is on a gradual basis, they have generally got worse as the season has progressed....we have taken 6 points in 8 games since lockdown.

The stats that represent meaningful analysis are X certificate.....not good reading for the faint hearted.

I like, most fans , are limited in what we know of the behind the scenes shenanigans

, but in all my supporting days, my experience tells me the manager is close to the issue....if its not him directly, he has allowed others, to detrimentally influence his work.......you have to be strong and not allow that.

Sure, a case against Suso, may be fair, but the manager, should have the final say in signing off a player....He cannot allow what is essentially a chief scout to undermine his job.

we signed Drinkwater,on loan........where was we ,when Soucek was being loaned out?...thats the kind of powerful Midfielder, we needed.....he shows more desire and he's on loan.

I know we can't be everywhere, but we get so many wrong, when other clubs seem to pick them up.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

TRO, when Smith was being touted as a possible Villa manager, you was vehemently opposed to it. I'm not making it up, so I suggest you look at some of your old posts around the time Bruce was on shaky ground. 

We have won and drawn the last two games and the draw should definitely have been three points. Now that is a stat that reads improvement and as I said, credit where credit is due. All I want right now is for us to beat the drop. We can save the post - mortem for a later date. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

TRO, when Smith was being touted as a possible Villa manager, you was vehemently opposed to it. I'm not making it up, so I suggest you look at some of your old posts around the time Bruce was on shaky ground. 

We have won and drawn the last two games and the draw should definitely have been three points. Now that is a stat that reads improvement and as I said, credit where credit is due. All I want right now is for us to beat the drop. We can save the post - mortem for a later date. 

I was never totally convinced no, but vehemently opposed, don't remember that.....but giving you the benefit of the doubt, maybe I was right in hindsight.

Once he was on board, i was giving him a go, my wife who is a season ticket holder was opposed to him from tne outset and often accuses me of being happy with his appointment.....you can't both be right.

Look, I always wanted it to work....,but there are simply too many things, that have not worked this season and I cannot preside over that and give the manager a free pass.

as the saying goes....."If its not working, change it"

and its not working.

If we are saying go down a division, to cure our ills, I pity us.

Edited by TRO

Whose saying going down a division? Not me, I'm not that much of a defeatist. I'm right behind this team and fully hope that we are still a Premier league side next season. 

As for you not remembering your opposition to Smith's appointment, I'm amazed you can't recall that. But, hey, there's more important matters at hand. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2020 at 23:36, The Fun Factory said:

The bench was rubbish. A load of kids, Lansbury who has shown nothing for us even in the championship, and a non goal scoring forward.  What was Deano supposed to magic up from that?

Bring on nakamba becaise he is at least mobile.  Neither mcginn nor hourihane were for the last 20 minutes.  Was like playing with 8 men.

On 17/07/2020 at 00:03, KentVillan said:

Just not remotely what happened. We were let down by lack of quality, not lack of energy.

Watch it back.  Noone track midfield runners and targett has 2 to mark 8n the box and ended up getting neither because the midfield left us exposed.

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

Watch it back.  Noone track midfield runners and targett has 2 to mark 8n the box and ended up getting neither because the midfield left us exposed.

We should have been 3-0 up by that point.

On 17/07/2020 at 00:42, TRO said:

I think he is Head Coach, so he can duck any responsibility for the players bought....I suspect his authority is less prominent than a manager.

It spooks me when the man running the team is a coach and the man buying the players is a director.....seems arse about face to me, but what do I know....I am just a Dinosaur.

Its pure fantasy that FS is not involved in signing the playets.  He has stated publicly on many occassions that he is involved and has final say so i have no clue where this is coming from unless you are saying the manager is a liar?

14 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

We should have been 3-0 up by that point.

Fact is we werent, and we were carrying dead weight in midfield ahainst fresh legs.  Thats what cost us.  Our fitness levels must be amongst the worst in the league as most our players dont last more than 60 minutes

• Like 1

16 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Its pure fantasy that FS is not involved in signing the playets.  He has stated publicly on many occassions that he is involved and has final say so i have no clue where this is coming from unless you are saying the manager is a liar?

No, I'm going by some of the posts on here....thats what they allude to.

17 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Of course he is involved. Of course he has a say. Of course he will publicly talk about his.willing involvement in the process. Ultimately though Suso has.a.job, that job is to sign players. He has signed players who are not good.enough. who is responsible for.signing players its suso.  Leave smith out of it

I was only able to watch the whole game now. And I'm actually glad. I would've been crushed by that ending, again.

Elmo very good all the time. Luiz too. Konsa seems a bit of an unlucky soldier at the moment, but I really like him longer term. Targett is a liability every game.

Oh well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Sheepy.....That was my first post on Dean Smith on page 28, below.....I'm not interested in Steve Bruce he has long gone, It is well documented that I defended him against unfair vitriol, NOT promoted him as some seem to think.

Back to Dean.....

It was hardly vehemently opposed. If you are going to trawl through my posts to gain credence, please apply a bit of accuarcy when doing so.

I rarely go back to see what I have written, but in this case, i have and my opinion, hasn't changed, sometimes it does, events influence that, not dogma.

"I have no idea how Dean will do.....but will give him my support, like any other manager who has been appointed.

I had no idea how any of the other candidates would have faired either, just suspicions.

He has presided over an offensive style of play and I would hope a bit of that will rub off on us, but you have to be able to defend too, to get promotion.

Initially, I am looking for BMH to be energised and a sense of purpose re-appear.....I felt a sense of the inevitable had crept in like the past, that idea's and will had dried up.

Maybe too many off the field occurances had taken their toll and the disruption had caused the effervescence to disappear.

I hope the energy soon returns"

Edited October 11, 2018 by TRO

Many fans were sceptical of his appointment, but as true fans....supported him and rightfully so.

I quote an extract from a  Brentford Fan on Oct 11 2018 by Reivax Villa

" Alongside some of the brilliant performances, were some very poor runs and a weak mentality, that saw us drop loads of unnecessary points over the seasons"

Another Brentford fan....

" Dean is an important part of an efficient machine, not necessarily a master tactician, who can make it work by himself"

Their opinions only, of course.

I agree with you about the post Mortem, except to say, I won't be having one.....my mind is made up, irrespective of the final position.

Edited by TRO