U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Just now, Keyblade said:

When was the last time it happened? In my lifetime so far, ever incumbent has gotten a second term.

Yep, and it looks like Biden could win by 50/60 votes. It won't even be close. It's a myth that Trump has done well.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He really didn't, incumbents don't lose...

Yes first incumbent since George Bush Snr in 1992 to lose and only the third incumbent to lose in last 90 years. He has failed and his legacy is a diabolical one.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

When was the last time it happened? In my lifetime so far, ever incumbent has gotten a second term.

1992 when Bush Snr lost to Bill Clinton. Before that was 1980 when Carter got tanked by Ronnie Reagan.You usually have to have a terrible first term and/or a poor running economy to lose.

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Yes first incumbent since George Bush Snr in 1992 to lose and only the third incumbent to lose in last 90 years. He has failed and his legacy is a diabolical one.

Also impeached, don’t forget to add that to his historic legacy. 

• Like 2

If he tries to incite a civil war instead of bowing out gracefully he'll lose out on the historical whitewashing and belated appreciation monsters like Bush (Jr) and Reagan have received. Will completely shit on whatever legacy he might have had.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

1992 when Bush Snr lost to Bill Clinton. Before that was 1980 when Carter got tanked by Ronnie Reagan.You usually have to have a terrible first term and/or a poor running economy to lose.

Carter got the last laugh though.  He seems to be immortal.

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Also impeached, don’t forget to add that to his historic legacy. 

Kind of incredible that he never suffered any sort of electoral penalty for that. Probably the clearest demonstration of how polarised the country is; at the end of it all, Democrats were more convinced he was guilty, Republicans were more convinced he was innocent, and his approval rating barely moved an inch. Quite remarkable really.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I still don't wanna get my hopes up. I fully expect to read tonight he's won. 

He doesn't really have a path to victory. He has to win GA, PA, then WI and MI.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Kind of incredible that he never suffered any sort of electoral penalty for that. Probably the clearest demonstration of how polarised the country is; at the end of it all, Democrats were more convinced he was guilty, Republicans were more convinced he was innocent, and his approval rating barely moved an inch. Quite remarkable really.

You could probably say the same about Clinton really. 

Â