U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can't they bus in a load of Canadians to do the counting? We can't have an English official in the World Cup can we? 

Fly the lads from Sunderland South over. They seem to do it quickly and with no complaining. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

What a sad state of affairs. An international embarrassment.

It is. Let's not tar both sides with the same brush though as one side is raising funds to try to destroy democracy and the other side is trying to defend it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Possibly . . . I think the BBC are getting their 'calls' from AP, and AP might have potentially 'uncalled' it.

Ah yeah, and I’ve figured out why he’s dropped one on CNN.  Wisconsin declared and Arizona undeclared.

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Seeing suggestions that Trump will significantly close the gap in Arizona, and could yet win the state.

I can't see it. Most of the remaining approx. 400k votes are going to come from Maricopa and that is currently going 52 - 46 in favour of Biden. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I can't see it. Most of the remaining approx. 400k votes are going to come from Maricopa and that is currently going 52 - 46 in favour of Biden. 

This is the theory:

Essentially, the point is that Arizona is different from all the other swing states: while they count the early vote last, Arizona counts it first, and so Biden may have (probably does have) a somewhat artificial lead, because Republicans voted later in the process than Democrats and it's now the late vote that is being counted.

• Like 1

I'm with @markavfc40 If you go to the Guardian Interactive map, there are only 5 counties not on 100% counted three are rural piddling affairs (R), one is the County with Tuscon in which is at 99.7%(D) the other is Maricopa (Pheonix) which has 22% of its ballots yet to count and is currently  a 5% lead for Biden. It would be some sort of gargantuan swing to Trump to Overturn it

Guardian Map is very good for this stuff I find

• Like 2

the average recount error is 277 votes. So if you're heading by over 1000 you you are still  winning. Just went on Fox news for a laugh, they are going mad because Biden's Lawyer, not Biden, said to a reporter, not on national tv, were going to win. He really shouldn't say that they are saying

Â