U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 hour ago, sne said:

Would be the right thing to do but he'd only continue as now but using his cohorts as proxys to tweet from. And he'd use the ban to fan the flames about him being badly treated and about a conspiracy to his followers.

And then there is the freedom of speech thing that I'm sure he'd try to spin in his favor. Kinda suspect they are hoping twitter will ban him.

There's an account I followed called "Will they suspend the Pres?" or something like that, and he literally copy/pastes everything Trump tweets.

So far he has been suspended 4 or 5 times.  Trump?  Nada.

• Like 1

Just now, avfcDJ said:

How many on here think this will actually lead to civil war?

Not in the traditional sense of states' soldiers facing off against each other, but I'm pretty sure we'll see sporadic civil disorder (rioting, possibly terrorist-style outrages, even assassinations) in the not too distant future. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Not. Civil war as such but a lot of violence and attacks on poor innocent people.  It's all very sad and unnecessary. 

Any death is a stain of the soul of Trump and I hope that there will be a reckoning for him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Back in 1970, twenty eight National Guard opened fire on unarmed students at Kent State, firing on them repeatedly for 15 seconds. It left four dead. Vietnam protests were at their height and the Black Civil Rights Movement had quite rightly armed themselves. 

That did not lead to civil war.

This won’t lead to civil war.

300 million Americans and 299.9 million of them are ‘normal’ people like people all over the world.

There will be ugliness, Trump won’t be happy until some people start some shoot outs. But this will not become a civil war.

I say that with the confidence of someone 5,000 miles away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I remember there were a bunch of 'even Fox News' clips going round, so probably worth sharing some rather more typical content from the channel, which is host Lu Dobbs demanding of GOP Congressman Devin Nunes why elected Republicans aren't doing more to prevent the election results being called or certified:

Grim.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Do they have any case other than "our boy lost and we don't think that's fair"?

diddly squat, nowt, nuffink, zero,  nah,  evidenceless, 

It's just High Cockalorum from sulking, skulking, ne'er do wells. who just found out that the majority don't agree with them.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

So far he has been suspended 4 or 5 times.  Trump?  Nada.

They have different rules for National Leaders and Politicians. Genuinely, that's not sarcastic. To an extent I can understand why, though I'm not saying those different rules are rightly worded.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Not sure those laws would apply to concepts and events, they only apply to living people don't they?

I don't know the US laws, and certainly not when it comes to social media and the president tbh.

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Back in 1970, twenty eight National Guard opened fire on unarmed students at Kent State, firing on them repeatedly for 15 seconds. It left four dead. Vietnam protests were at their height and the Black Civil Rights Movement had quite rightly armed themselves. 

That did not lead to civil war.

This won’t lead to civil war.

300 million Americans and 299.9 million of them are ‘normal’ people like people all over the world.

There will be ugliness, Trump won’t be happy until some people start some shoot outs. But this will not become a civil war.

I say that with the confidence of someone 5,000 miles away.

...and Detroit.

Uni land also has the Orangeburg Massacre and Jackson State. 

Too much navel gazing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I think there are a lot of people who might disagree in Iraq and Afghanistan, Cuba, Vietnam...

Most American presidents have done awful things. They're just usually civil while they do it. Trump is a truly horrendous person, and a worse president, but it is kind of horrendous that lies and Twitter tantrums seem to harm a president's reputation more than illegal wars. 

FWIW, I think he's truly crossed the line in the last few weeks, but this was a fairly widespread opinion for a few years now. I also think he'd have had no hesitation starting a war to boost his polling and make himself feel like a big strong military leader if he'd had the opportunity. 

I'd bet that really depends on if you were "Bombing them for their freedom" or being "Bombed for/to your freedom".

53 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Incitement, sedition?

Do they have laws in place for that kind of stuff or is it overruled by their freedom of speech shit?

He's president, don't give them ideas or he'll have Biden arrested for sedition 😂

Just thinking back to the early part of this century, when I used to read quite a lot of right-wing American blogs, and remembering that a lot of them used to a very outraged Bit about a possibly-apocryphal story about staffers in the Clinton administration removing the letter 'W' from keyboards in the White House, and wondering what their take is on someone losing a not-particularly-close-election and refusing to concede defeat.

• Haha 1

Â