U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

25 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Is that true?  I've read that people with lower incomes backed Biden over Trump

Similar to Brexit. The largest demographic that supported it and the instigators of it were wealthy Tories. 

Yet somehow it's framed as a working class uprising. 

5 hours ago, meregreen said:

The only people calling the Democrats the Party of the coastal elite, are Fox News, Breitbart, Limbaugh and Alex Jones etc. That should tell you everything about the veracity of that ludicrous caricature. Tell me once again just which party it is that wants to repeal the affordable care act, and deprive 20,000,000 of the poorest people in America of medical cover.

Yes this claim that the Democrat supporters  (and EU supporters) are ‘elites’ is a way of trying to turn being university educated into a pejorative so people without education who feel aggrieved will support your cause.  

• Like 1

These lines that are floating around (rich/poor, north/south, elite/working class,...) are just an easy way to make it binary. There are poor people voting for the D’s, elites voting for R’s.

I think it has been said on here before, but to me it seems like being more and more like city vs rural (again, not that black and white, but just a way of looking at it). To me, that links to the vision currently upheld by Trump: America first. Rural Americans have rarely been outside of the US, or sometimes even their state. So of course they like the idea of being important to their leaders. People in cities are often seeing many different lifestyles and cultures come together, so learn their view is not the only one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

50K max

Wow, there's no stopping them now! 

What was the attendance for the anti Brexit march, a million? And they changed zilch. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

MAGAs having a super spreader day out in DC

I’d be a bit careful with virus shaming protesters. There are plenty of instances of ‘our team’ gathering in large numbers recently, and supposedly our side are the ones taking the virus seriously.  

Edited by LondonLax

Viruses don't take "sides", I couldn't give a damn about a person's politics, if they're gathering in large crowds with no distancing, no face coverings, they're absolute morons. That looks like about 50/50 for masks which is better than I expected, but in a large group of people signing and brushing past each other is the last place I'd put myself right now.

Just now, LondonLax said:

The virus is either a problem or it’s not. Also, what brings you joy or what you think is worth protesting might not be the same as your neighbour.

As I said the protest are daft, regardless of what they are for or against. But celebrating a win is obviously a expression of happiness, right? 

If Trump had won and Antifa was out on the streets protesting it would have been just as daft as these "proud boys" are.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

A pretty noticeable difference between the right and left crowds is that the left crowds overwhelmingly wear masks.

Yet I feel this is an example of one of the reasons that some were wary of recommending masks. They're an extra layer of mitigation, and not a replacement for keeping one's distance. Look at how people's behaviour has changed though. They stick a mask on, and think it gives them the right to start getting in people's faces and pushing past again.

• Like 1

From the various protests I've been at through the course of my life I can safely say that Antifa and most leftist protesters would be wearing a mask pandemic or not :D It's part of the attire. 

Not sure how it is in other countries but here some of the right wing nazi morons also cover their faces, but not nearly as many.

These people are basically protesting against democracy and if they engaged their brains for 10 seconds they would realise that.

Saddest thing about all this though is that you think right he has pushed it too far now and you expect the majority of republican senators/members of congress to stand up and say enough is enough and they haven't. It reminds of when Johnson prorogued parliament and I foolishly thought a fair few Tories would stand up and say too far. What a fool.

• Like 2

Â