U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

A  good article on it, that reflects back to the same lies, 4 years ago. I remember observing some of this stuff, and having my mind blown (who remembers "Alternative facts"?). Now it's just the norm. 4 years of this **** chump and his team of sycophants lying about literally everything. And 70 million people voted for him again. How broken is America.

As an aside, this prick is golfing again. At Trump owned venues, all the while costing the taxpayer not  just the cost of his SS protection, but billing the government for the SS being at the venue. He is bleeding the government dry, diverting taxpayer money to his own businesses. When this scumbag finally shuffles off this mortal coil, he'll have the most pissed on grave since Thatcher. 

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/11/trump-is-going-out-like-he-came-in-with-his-press-secretary-lying-about-crowd-size/

It’s no secret that the president cares a lot about size. Nearly four years ago, in his debut as White House press secretary, Sean Spicer falsely claimed crowd sizes at Donald Trump’s inauguration were bigger than pictures suggested, saying images were “intentionally framed” to minimize the “enormous support” for the president. He said that the event drew the “largest audience ever to witness an inauguration, period,” a lie which Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway infamously referred to as “alternative facts.”

Not much has changed over the past several years. Spicer may have long since resigned, but he’s been channeled by current press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, who said Saturday that pro-Trump crowd sizes at DC’s Million MAGA March surpassed 1 million attendees. “More than one MILLION marchers for President @realDonaldTrump descend on the swamp in support,” McEnany tweeted. “Best base in political history — we LOVE you guys!!!”

But according to reporters, that number is closer to thousands of protesters—which Trump almost certainly realized when he drove through the crowd on his way to play golf. 

Edited by Davkaus

He wants a civil war so badly because he thinks it can keep him in power. 

I’ve been watching videos from tonight’s “battles” some shocking footage. He’s adding fuel to the fire, he wants this so badly and just as he spent years setting up for a corrupt election loss, he’s been setting this up too. 

He looks like he has been right all along and it’s all because he’s been controlling the narrative and the media went along with it, so now his “fake news” “antifa scum” “stolen election” cards all look like a hand well played when it was all put in place by him just in case he lost.

Just now, Brumerican said:

Trump left out how it started unsurprisingly.

I saw this. The whole thing is grim from start to finish.

We have laws in Australia specifically for punching people from behind and knocking them out on the pavement because of how often people die that way.

With Trump winding up his supporters though you’d have to wonder if there’s a point Twitter pull the plug on him. 

• Like 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

I saw this. The whole thing is grim from start to finish.

We have laws in Australia specifically for punching people from behind and knocking them out on the pavement because of how often people die that way.

With Trump winding up his supporters though you’d have to wonder if there’s a point Twitter pull the plug on him. 

We have laws too.

They take away your season ticket.

Seriously though he's clearly looking to cause chaos.

John Wick ?

I think they need to go full Bill and Ted to sort this out.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’d have a huge amount of respect for Twitter if they ban him. Surely they have a warning system for repeat offenders.

Would be the right thing to do but he'd only continue as now but using his cohorts as proxys to tweet from. And he'd use the ban to fan the flames about him being badly treated and about a conspiracy to his followers.

And then there is the freedom of speech thing that I'm sure he'd try to spin in his favor. Kinda suspect they are hoping twitter will ban him.

Edited by sne

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he is genuinely the worst person in my lifetime.  Yes I know there are people who did more horrible things in smaller countries but Trump is deliberately trying to bring the  most powerful country and democracy to its knees.

I think there are a lot of people who might disagree in Iraq and Afghanistan, Cuba, Vietnam...

Most American presidents have done awful things. They're just usually civil while they do it. Trump is a truly horrendous person, and a worse president, but it is kind of horrendous that lies and Twitter tantrums seem to harm a president's reputation more than illegal wars. 

FWIW, I think he's truly crossed the line in the last few weeks, but this was a fairly widespread opinion for a few years now. I also think he'd have had no hesitation starting a war to boost his polling and make himself feel like a big strong military leader if he'd had the opportunity. 

Edited by Davkaus

The problem with removing him from Twitter is it just increases his credibility that the “elites” are out to get him. The time to restrict his account was a long time ago, removing him now adds fuel to the fire - but then, keeping him on there also doesn’t help.

Seeing that violence makes me so sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Would be the right thing to do but he'd only continue as now but using his cohorts as proxys to tweet from. And he'd use the ban to fan the flames about him being badly treated and about a conspiracy to his followers.

And then there is the freedom of speech thing that I'm sure he'd try to spin in his favor. Kinda suspect they are hoping twitter will ban him.

It would be Frankie Goes To Hollywood all over again. 

• Like 1

Â