Pre Match Thread

GingerCollins29

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Damn that’s tempting. Samatta first to score and Villa win 2-1 is 40/1... it’s like printing money!

Villa winning is definitely not printing money 😂😫

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The season will have no bearing on this game in my opinion. This will come down to fitness and who is more up for it. It’s going to be like the first few weeks of the season when you get all sorts of shock results.

Yes Im sure Wilder will have his team up and ready for it so we have to match their intensity at least. Would be great if we won but a draw would be ok. Just don't loose. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The season will have no bearing on this game in my opinion. This will come down to fitness and who is more up for it. It’s going to be like the first few weeks of the season when you get all sorts of shock results.

I can see your viewpoint but just conceding points in this game will pile pressure onto the rest, we need point minimum no matter how good Sheffield have been this season. Hopefully DS is working on a decent gamplan as we've really struggled to counter their system in last few seasons in the championship.

4 points from the first two would be an excellent return. No excuse not to have a good go at Chelsea considering we'll have competitive 90 minutes under our belts and they won't. They nearly lost to Bournemouth before the break.

• Like 1

My side for this match would be:

Nyland (if Heaton isn’t fit)

Guilbert Engels Mings Targett

McGinn Nakamba Drinkwater

El Ghazi Samatta Grealish

Bench: Steer, Elmohamady, Konsa, Taylor, Lansbury, Trezeguet, Davis

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My side for this match would be:

Nyland (if Heaton isn’t fit)

McGinn Nakamba Drinkwater

El Ghazi Samatta Grealish

Bench: Steer, Elmohamady, Konsa, Taylor, Lansbury, Trezeguet, Davis

No Luiz?

Is Heaton registered?

------------------------Reina------------------------
Guilbert-----Konsa----Mings----Targett
----------------Nakamba---Luiz-----------------
-----------------------McGinn-----------------------
el Ghazi---------------------------------Grealish
------------------------Samatta---------------------

Went Konsa over Engels as Engels lack of pace is a real concern for me. Went Reina over Nyland as I don't trust Nyland (not that I trust Reina much either). 
If we had another half decent centre mid, I'd also drop Luiz in a heartbeat. 

Steer

McGinn Nakamba Luiz

Samatta Davis Grealish 

Subs: Nyland, Elmo, Konsa, Hause, Hourihane, Lansbury, Drinkwater, El Ghazi, Vassilev 

With five subs in the back, this would be easy to switch up to a 41212 if needed, or bring on El Ghazi if we need width. 

• Like 2

I'm not even going to bother predicting a starting XI as we have no idea who's match fit and what they've looked like in training since the return etc. I've got a feeling the fittest team will win, form possibly going out the window for these first few games after the restart as others have touched on.

On 08/06/2020 at 10:16, Mjvilla said:

I've used the ignore function, but it keeps telling me that the person I've chosen to ignore has posted and that I've chosen to ignore it? And I can see said post in quotes of other people. Can I just not have anything from that person at all? So it's like they don't exist?

P.s Not you Zatman! 😜

One of the many upsides to villa winning is they disappear for a few days until we next have a negative result.

• Like 1

On 07/06/2020 at 12:49, alreadyexists said:

I think I’d go very similar to @OutByEaster? but in a  4-1-4-1 like this.

Nyland

Guilbert        Engels    Mings      Targett

Nakamba

El Ghazi      Luiz        McGinn      Jack

Samatta

Perhaps not Nyland, but I'm sure that'll be the outfield 10.

What I'd go for:

Nyland

Engels       Mings        Hause (SU scored a few headed goals past us in last few seasons)

AEM                                                             Targett

Nakamba      McGinn

Grealish

Samatta              Davis

Subs: Steer, Konsa, Gulibert, Luiz, Drinkwater,  AEG, Trez plus some youths I presume you can put on.