The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

Was explaining to the 4 year old what a full English breakfast is and pulled up a photo at random on Google to show it to him. It had Staffordshire oatcakes which I thought was controversial (although a welcome addition). However I have no idea what the strawberries are doing there. 

Making-English-Breakfast-Recipe.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 2

11 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Was explaining to the 4 year old what a full English breakfast is and pulled up a photo at random on Google to show it to him. It had Staffordshire oatcakes which I thought was controversial (although a welcome addition). However I have no idea what the strawberries are doing there. 

Stawberries in a fry-up. Just no, no, no. This is end of the road that starts with bean separation. If bloody hipsters hadn't started this ramekin nonsense nobody would ever have had such sick thoughts as strawberries on a fry up.

And don’t get me started on those awful sausages, perfectly straight and evenly cooked all over. Just wrong, 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Horrific stuff. At least the egg has been seasoned, that’s about the only positive.

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

They did actually taste of fried egg as well, very good.

Walkers did a breakfast one that tasted mainly of egg, they were effin rank

There's a reason they are half price

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Walkers did a breakfast one that tasted mainly of egg, they were effin rank

There's a reason they are half price

Everything in TK Maxx is half price, it means nothing!

Edit: it wasn’t TK Maxx, the shop is called Half Price 😀 But it’s the same idea

Edited by fightoffyour

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2022 at 06:39, Rds1983 said:

Haven't been on this thread for a while but that is quite clearly a disgrace.  That should be sent straight back to the kitchen. Strawberries are dangerously close to being healthy, it has no right to be on that plate.

33 minutes ago, hogso said:

Pickle (as in, Branston) on a Sausage & Mash dinner. Talk to me. 

Bangers and mash should always have gravy IMO so Branston Pickle and Gravy is definitely heading towards deviant behaviour but if there is no gravy its odd but acceptable. Grey Area I suppose

51 minutes ago, hogso said:

It’s unconventional but could work as an addition to some tasty gravy, similar to how mint sauce works with gravy. I would be open to trying it, whilst at the same time I know I will never try it. 

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Went through an experimental phase of mash potato-ing a few years ago, stirring different things through the mash

Fried onions through the mash - not bad

Fried mushrooms through the mash - very good

Branston pickle through the mash - bad

Â