Peter Whittingham

PaulC

Great talent. Struggled for game time with us but like Davis, Albrighton - goes into the category of one we moved on far too soon. He was streets ahead of Championship level in his peak years at Cardiff. Surprised he stayed with them for so long. RIP. 35. No age.

• Like 4

Peter was a genuinely decent guy with a cracking left foot and very good technique. I watched him many times for both the first team and reserves. I was sad to see him leave, and I'm immeasurably sadder to be writing this after his tragic accident. Rest in Peace Peter.

Edit: This thread really needs to be moved to the main Villa Talk page. He was one of our own for a good period of time.

Edited by villabromsgrove
  • Like 1

Horrible news. Was happy for him that he was able to carve out such a long and distinguished career with Cardiff. 

Our ex-players are really going through a horrendous period aren't they?!

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

Our ex-players are really going through a horrendous period aren't they?!

Dalian, Ugo, JLloyd and now Peter. 

People die before "their time" every day - i get that. It's just that reading the names of those who we knew better than others just really brings home to me that Life is precious. 

It shouldn't, but it does.

On 20/03/2020 at 07:59, mottaloo said:

People die before "their time" every day - i get that. It's just that reading the names of those who we knew better than others just really brings home to me that Life is precious. 

Cyrille, Birchy and Bernie Gallacher as well. Taken from us far too early :( 

• Sad 1

On 20/03/2020 at 08:59, mottaloo said:

Been shite years all around haven't it for Villa. Add Graham Taylor and Ron Saunders. Doug Ellis even. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

Inquest says he fell through a fire door during some 'horse play' with friends, having been out watching the rugger, and hit his head on a step. A tragedy. 

Stay safe folks. 

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â