Pre-Match Thread

John

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its ridiculous that in some parts of the country ie Scotland are advising no gatherings over 500 people but UK gov is taking a different view. We might have a normal match on Saturday but I can't see that continuing for much longer.

Political gesturing by Sturgeon and not following scientific advice. It doesn’t seem likely that they’ll be a UK government ban just yet. Maybe the PL will panic though when spreads through the players.

I just hope the manager is strong enough to rise above the negative vibes and concentrate on the job in hand. If ever he needs to show his mettle, it's now. Behind closed doors or not the players need  to be totally focused for the battles ahead.

My head is awash with doubt, but my heart is still ticking in the hope that somehow we can still escape from this awful mess. 

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/03/13/chelsea-fc-training-facility-will-undergo-partial-closure-after-

CLUB STATEMENTS

CHELSEA FC TRAINING FACILITY WILL UNDERGO PARTIAL CLOSURE AFTER MEN’S TEAM PLAYER TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19

Chelsea men’s team player Callum Hudson-Odoi had a positive test result for Coronavirus returned this evening. Chelsea personnel who had recent close contact with the player in the men’s team building will now self-isolate in line with Government health guidelines. These will include initially the full men’s team squad, coaching staff and a number of backroom staff.

It is expected that those who did not have close contact with Callum will return to work in the coming days. In the meantime, the men’s team building, one of several separate buildings at our training ground, will remain closed. The rest of our training facility, Stamford Bridge and our other facilities are operating as normal.

Callum displayed symptoms similar to a mild cold on Monday morning and has not been at the training ground since then as a precaution. However, his test came in positive this evening and he will undergo a period of self-isolation. Despite testing positive for the virus, Callum is doing well and looking forward to returning to the training ground as soon as it is possible.

We will continue to adhere to Government and Public Health Guidelines with regard to our facilities and staff and will be discussing next steps with regards to upcoming fixtures with the Premier League on Friday morning. We will provide further updates as necessary via the club’s website.

We wish Callum a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming him back to the club soon.

If the whole Chelsea squad is in isolation the fixtures need to go ahead this weekend.

If only Odi is in self isolation we should defo cancel the fixtures for safety reasons.

If we play against Chelsea with their B team and win, the league definitely then needs to be cancelled, no promotions and no relegations, safety and all that.

After all, I think the teams currently in the top 4 will agree as they will be concerned about our probable 10 game winning streak and sneaking in to the champions league spots, I'm just looking after the big teams here, sure they will agree.

Edited by MaVilla

On 12/03/2020 at 14:29, lukesmith17 said:

Nyland

Elmo Engels Mings Targett

El Ghazi  Nakamba Mcginn Trez

Jack

Davis

Reina,Guilbert,Hause,Hourihane,Luiz,Jota,Samatta 

Never thought of starting 19 players before 

• Haha 2