Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

52 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We do need full back cover badly, any long term injury to Cash/Konsa/Moreno or Digne would mean that someone will have to play far too many minutes, especially if we continue to progress in the Conference League or FA cup0. He is a good footballer who may make the odd mistake but with his athleticism would be more useful than say Chambers to cover at full back either side.

No good him just being cover for Konsa and Cash at RB tho right? Surely he's better going out on loan and getting minutes. 

I was actually thinking about him the other day wondering if we might give him a go pre-season to see if he could be a squad player.

24 games in the championship is exactly what you want from a loan like this.

If we're signing an 18 year old in his exact position, I don't think the future looks great for him at Aston Villa.

The problem for him is that the ability is there. There's no question IMO. So what's missing? Hope he isn't retired at 28 wondering where his Premier League career went.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I have a feeling we will be selling him if he has been recalled

Would have thought it would all be one announcement? 

I do agree though.

Of the youth team that won the cup, I expected only Ramsey, Chuk and Kessler to go on and make it at a high level with Barry playing at League 1 level or Champ at best. Unfortunately, it looks like they’ll all be playing elsewhere. Fine, I guess, but would have been nice to see one of them breakthrough. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Of the youth team that won the cup, I expected only Ramsey, Chuk and Kessler to go on and make it at a high level with Barry playing at League 1 level or Champ at best. Unfortunately, it looks like they’ll all be playing elsewhere. Fine, I guess, but would have been nice to see one of them breakthrough. 

At least they are all playing at a decent level instead of hanging about here untile their mid 20’s and not playing.

• Like 1

I do feel sorry for plymouth as it looks like they just dont have the spending power to keep players they would have wanted to (azaz on a permanent) and im sure they would have been happy to keep KKH on until the end of the season. Reckon he will be sold to a lower midtable championship club this window

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

£2m and a sell on at this rate?

Are we really up against it on the FFP that's my concern atm.

Our accounts already went in last year for FFP. This only helps moving forward so I can't see that we're making panic sales or anything. More likely, if we sell him, it'll be because now is the best time to cash in. Which yes, improves our books moving forward. Don't think it means we're really up against it though.

Staying at Villa according to the Stoke sentinel. For context the article was focused on what players new Stoke manager Steven Schumacher might target from his former club Plymouth 

"But Kesler-Hayden is an exception - he will not going to any other Championship club, at least for now. Instead, he will join Villa's bid to win the Premier League title and provide competition at right-back for Poland international Matty Cash. The move comes as Villa only named eight substitutes, instead of a maximum nine, for their away draw at Everton on Sunday."

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-transfer-plymouth-villa-9034169

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Staying at Villa according to the Stoke sentinel. For context the article was focused on what players new Stoke manager Steven Schumacher might target from his former club Plymouth 

"But Kesler-Hayden is an exception - he will not going to any other Championship club, at least for now. Instead, he will join Villa's bid to win the Premier League title and provide competition at right-back for Poland international Matty Cash. The move comes as Villa only named eight substitutes, instead of a maximum nine, for their away draw at Everton on Sunday."

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-transfer-plymouth-villa-9034169

Plymouth director of football Neil Dewsnip told the Plymouth Herald: "The reason Kaine has been recalled is to be part of Aston Villa's first team squad. I am assured he is going nowhere else. We are already well down the line to finding a replacement, but I can't tell you the name at the moment."

• Like 4

Its shows we have been watching him, his stats from a few games that i looked at suited Emerys style, basically he kept the ball, his pass completion was very high.

Edited by tinker

12 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Really hope he kicks on and starts to fulfill his potential when he gets a chance now. 

Emery clearly struggling with the lack of right footed wide players. We have Cash and that's it. 

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Its shows we have been watching him, his stats from a few games that i looked at suited Emerys style, basically he kept the ball, his pass completion was very high.

Kaine Kessler Stats, Goals, Records, Assists, Cups and more | FBref.com

Yes they look good for a team down in a relegation fight. Nobody thought Philogene did much on his loans but was impressive for us in preseason.  

Philogene was very good for Cardiff, he won there young player of the season, people didn't think he was very good, because most only go on goals and assist stats when it comes to judging youngsters out on loan.

• Like 3

Been hoping we'd give another youngster a chance, although I assumed it would be Tim.

Makes sense that were recalled him as right back is clearly a position we're struggling with, and given Cash's performances of late I'm not sure he could be much worse, and it free's up Konsa to go back to the middle primarily. As good as Konsa is at right back, our overall defence is better when he's in the middle. 

• Like 1

Glad we’re give him a chance as I’ve always thought he was more a wing back when we were using fullbacks and didn’t quite fit in as a result.

With Emery now at the helm KKH’s athleticism and technical ability could work well on the right hand side.

Interesting point he played LB for Plymouth a fair few times too. 

Â