Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

21 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Let's pretend he's never played play for Villa before in his life. And we've signed him straight from Plymouth. 

Would you be excited over signing KKH?

Yep

13 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Defending 

There's lots of ways to 'defend' though. It's too simplistic to see it as one v one, winning tackles and headers etc which I assume this references.  From what I've seen from him, he seems to do that pretty well anyway.

If his pace means we play the high line even more effectively and he can catch runners more effectively, our defence improves. 

If his passes can play through the lines instead of cutting back the majority of times, building up the pitch, our defending improves as we aren't turned over as easily. 

If we keep possession higher up the pitch whilst having an added element of playing through balls from FB as well, our defending improves as opposition can't make a plan to target and pressure the out ball from RB. 

People were saying Pau wasn't very good at defending. I'd rather have him in the team than not. 

This could be the case with KKH over Cash. 

I don't think him being in the squad will prevent Konsa from sometimes playing at rightback, because we obviously play Konsa at rightback when we want to go more defensive and have him as an extra defender on the right hand side, Kesler isn't t the the type of player to come in and do that role instead, quite the opposite in fact, he's about as attack minded as you can get as a fullback, there are times when we've used Matty Cash as a right midfielder, if anything injury to Cash aside, that might be Kesler's best chance of game time with us.

I still wouldn't be surrprised if he ended up leaving, it was said that Philogene would be staying in the summer, and then suddenly we had accepted a bid from Hull

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, May-Z said:

There's lots of ways to 'defend' though. It's too simplistic to see it as one v one, winning tackles and headers etc which I assume this references.  From what I've seen from him, he seems to do that pretty well anyway.

If his pace means we play the high line even more effectively and he can catch runners more effectively, our defence improves. 

If his passes can play through the lines instead of cutting back the majority of times, building up the pitch, our defending improves as we aren't turned over as easily. 

If we keep possession higher up the pitch whilst having an added element of playing through balls from FB as well, our defending improves as opposition can't make a plan to target and pressure the out ball from RB. 

People were saying Pau wasn't very good at defending. I'd rather have him in the team than not. 

This could be the case with KKH over Cash. 

no need to be so defensive of him mate.

I completely agree that he is technically excellent, granted his technical ablity isnt proven at the top level yet, but i always thought he was a perfect fit for Emerys style in terms of technical ability, maybe not the perfect fit in other ways, but you cant deny he appears to be technically very good.

His defending is suspect though, he is only young and has time to develop and improve, but im just saying, that if he has a notable weakness, its the defensive side of his game.

I have said a few times, that considering how good his technical game is, i was surprised that he hasnt/didnt kick on as much on his loans.

i really hope he takes this opportunity, i agree that Cash is very limited on that right side in terms of technical ability, having someone like Hayden there could be really positive for us, if he can translate it to PL level.

Cash does need replacing imo, maybe Hayden can step up, maybe Kosta will, maybe soemone else, but yeah, we do need a RB who offers us more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

no need to be so defensive of him mate.

I completely agree that he is technically excellent, granted his technical ablity isnt proven at the top level yet, but i always thought he was a perfect fit for Emerys style in terms of technical ability, maybe not the perfect fit in other ways, but you cant deny he appears to be technically very good.

His defending is suspect though, he is only young and has time to develop and improve, but im just saying, that if he has a notable weakness, its the defensive side of his game.

I have said a few times, that considering how good his technical game is, i was surprised that he hasnt/didnt kick on as much on his loans.

i really hope he takes this opportunity, i agree that Cash is very limited on that right side in terms of technical ability, having someone like Hayden there could be really positive for us, if he can translate it to PL level.

Cash does need replacing imo, maybe Hayden can step up, maybe Kosta will, maybe soemone else, but yeah, we do need a RB who offers us more.

Didn't mean to come across like that, apologies. 

Just think we're at a point now where our system takes away a lot of what we have previously expected certain positions to incorporate. 

I imagine KKH would be similar to Moreno in traditional defensive ratings...but the way we play accounts for that cleverly to actually turn it onto a strength. 

5 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Didn't mean to come across like that, apologies. 

Just think we're at a point now where our system takes away a lot of what we have previously expected certain positions to incorporate. 

I imagine KKH would be similar to Moreno in traditional defensive ratings...but the way we play accounts for that cleverly to actually turn it onto a strength. 

no worries, maybe you werent and i just read it in to your words.

We do need to upgrade some positions for sure, for me, Cash is top of the list, i find watching him waddle over the ball, looking like a guy kicking a 200 degree metal sphere, then cutting back inside and doing the predictable thing time after time, while looking uncomfortable doing it, i find it almost physically painful to watch.

I would love it if Hayden was that player (if he proves to be capable), or maybe someone else, but it 100% needs to be someone, either this window, or in the summer.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Let's pretend he's never played play for Villa before in his life. And we've signed him straight from Plymouth. 

Would you be excited over signing KKH?

Yeah a little because I do think he's attack minded and could be the right sided Moreno, obviously if we bought him you'd have to factor price in though 

I just want him to get a chance, same with Archer but ultimately I think it'll go the same way, maybe we give him some minutes before selling him at a surprisingly decent price in the summer 

• Like 2

He realistically has to get ahead of cash in this 6 months to stay at the club as back up to a new signing this summer.

I hope he gets the game time to do it, but realistically I can't see it as we are getting close to the business part of the season.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah a little because I do think he's attack minded and could be the right sided Moreno, obviously if we bought him you'd have to factor price in though 

I just want him to get a chance, same with Archer but ultimately I think it'll go the same way, maybe we give him some minutes before selling him at a surprisingly decent price in the summer 

Good answer. yeah I would be excited over the signing too. 

Always really liked him as a player.  I truly hope he gets some starts and Emery can then take a good look at him. He is dynamic and has really good stamina to go up and down the right side all game .  He has also always been a big game player. The better the oppo the better he played. But there has always been something that stopped him making the move upwards and staying there. Maybe it is consistency, maybe the fact he played as a de facto right winger , central midfielder as he was coming up through the age groups and never really had to have defensive discipline due to his huge recovery pace at youth level. 

• Like 2

On 20/01/2024 at 16:45, Made In Aston said:

Hopefully this puts an end to the Konsa at RB experiment. 

Don't think it was an experiment as such, more just Emery making use with what he has.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2024 at 11:11, Callum said:

Again, some of the negativity on this forum is beyond belief. Get behind and support the lad, or don’t say anything 🖕

You can support a player, and question if they are good enough.

Â