Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

As other have said, Konsa needs to be at CB (for both us and his England prospects). KKH allows that to happen. Every match thread we see the same complaints about Cash's problems: let's see if KKH can give him a kick up the arse, too. 

From what I've seen of him, he looks technically good, can be quite direct and is happy to get stuck in. Moreover, the move has zero financial risk for us.

He has played a good number of professional games now, while on loan so it's now or never for him. Let's see if he takes his chance. 

Should be a decent option and help with extra games for the remainder of the season.  We'll also know for certain if he's got a future here, if he's not at the level we need then he'll be sold in summer and a new RB the priority.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Let's pretend he's never played play for Villa before in his life. And we've signed him straight from Plymouth. 

Would you be excited over signing KKH?

No, but I wouldn't have a negative feeling either - much like this potential Rogers signing, you'd point to the good judgement of Emery and the team and hope he can grow into the standard we need. 

• Like 1

Cannot overstate how big a five months this is for Kaine.

It looks like he's getting a chance.

I'm confident he's got the ability to become a premier league player for the majority of his career.

It's all work ethic from here. Unai Emery has made much much worse players into top-flight footballers.

No one to blame but himself if this doesn't work out.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Cannot overstate how big a five months this is for Kaine.

It looks like he's getting a chance.

I'm confident he's got the ability to become a premier league player for the majority of his career.

It's all work ethic from here. Unai Emery has made much much worse players into top-flight footballers.

No one to blame but himself if this doesn't work out.

Ya , I was thinking the same thing, this is his chance to show Unai that he can play in his system 

4 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Let's pretend he's never played play for Villa before in his life. And we've signed him straight from Plymouth. 

Absolutely, Watch his performance against Man City whilst he was on loan at Swindon and tell me your not.

Bear in mind this was also 2 seasons back as well. 

What else you going to do on a Friday night 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Absolutely, Watch his performance against Man City whilst he was on loan at Swindon and tell me your not.

Bear in mind this was also 2 seasons back as well. 

What else you going to do on a Friday night 

I remember the Man City fans thinking De Bruyne had lost his pace as the Villa kid had easily caught up with him. Nope. He was superb that night both in attack and defence. I thought that he was going to be in our first team after watching him that night. 

• Like 1

pretty certain he is Cup tied.  So he can only play for us in UECL and Premier League.  I can honestly only see him getting spot minutes in both.  Coming on as a 2nd half sub in the EUCL, and possibly doing the same against lower sides in the Premier League.

31 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

pretty certain he is Cup tied.  So he can only play for us in UECL and Premier League.  I can honestly only see him getting spot minutes in both.  Coming on as a 2nd half sub in the EUCL, and possibly doing the same against lower sides in the Premier League.

I thought he was only on bench and hasn't played in the FA Cup. Probably irrelevant and we kinda need to go out of that at Chelsea next week 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I remember the Man City fans thinking De Bruyne had lost his pace as the Villa kid had easily caught up with him. Nope. He was superb that night both in attack and defence. I thought that he was going to be in our first team after watching him that night. 

Absolutely, I reckon he could be one of the fastest players we have. That tackle was fantastic, He sent KDB for a Hotdogs and didn't know what had hit him (clip below) 

Also cameos v Palace and Man Utd holding his own 

Crystal Palace clips 

Man utd  clips 

6 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Why would we want to pretend to know less about him than we do?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

Yeah came on as a 77th minute sub for Plymouth v Sutton Utd 

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Absolutely, I reckon he could be one of the fastest players we have. That tackle was fantastic, He sent KDB for a Hotdogs and didn't know what had hit him (clip below) 

Also cameos v Palace and Man Utd holding his own 

Crystal Palace clips 

Man utd  clips 

So there are so many plusses to his skillset.  Pace, timing, dribbling, tacking  skill. Whats missing ? Pass completion ? Positional awareness ?  

25 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

So there are so many plusses to his skillset.  Pace, timing, dribbling, tacking  skill. Whats missing ? Pass completion ? Positional awareness ?  

Defending 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

It’s really more “let’s pretend Arsenal’s former u18 captain had only played 38 games of championship football at 21 but had a stormer vs Man City while playing for a league two side and gave a good account of himself when Arsenal’s U21 team played Liverpool. Also you get him on a free and low wages”

Not saying he’ll come good, just think context is important.

15 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Why would we want to pretend to know less about him than we do?

All I can think is for sexual role-play purposes, which probably don’t apply in this instance

• Haha 3

Â