Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

I think it's a case of needs must. With Torres injured the last few weeks and a reliance on Konsa playing on the right, It's a good move and the logical one at least in the short term.

• Like 1

No harm in having him in the squad I suppose. Might raise his profile with a few decent appearances in the second half of the season, and could secure a decent move in the summer.

Or he could turn out to be decent, give the two fingers to the Serbian Cafu and cement his place in the team, and go on to become a Villa legend. 

I think that it was the right loan for Kaine and for us. He finally got to play full back week in week out rather than wingback.  He needed that defensive experience because as a youth player he spent most of his time way up the pitch due to the quality of our youth team.  He was really good for Swindon v ManCity in the FA cup 2 years ago and impressed in Australia in pre season under Gerrard. 

Lets hope he can kick on a bit and get some Prem experience. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Expect he will play against Chelsea in the cup. Keeps the first teamers ready for the Newcastle game.

Hopefully he has a good game

He should feature, Cash might start though and KKH come on after 60-70 mins.

Does KKH need to be registered for ECL?

This lad will make a big impact with us, he's got terrific technical ability and will be a nightmare to play against if he can some confidence,  which surely Emery re calling him will give him.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He played for Plymouth in round 3 so he's cup tied unless they've changed the rules on that in recent years?

He was named in the squad but never played

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

KKH is home grown so can join our European squad without taking up a place. Will allow us to add Tim to the regular squad if Chambers is out. 

I believe there is some kind of certain age by a certain date caveat to be eligible? 

Think that's why Tim can't be involved till March. 

@useless maybe remembers the requirements? 

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I believe there is some kind of certain age by a certain date caveat to be eligible? 

I think you’re getting the under age (U21) B list rules the home grown player rule muddled up.

The U21 B List allows any number of players to be made available, they have to be under 21 at the season calculation cut off date, and have been trained at the club for at least 2 years.

The homegrown club player rule is part of the 25 man senior squad, a minimum of 4 players need to be homegrown at the club, that means they must have been trained at the club for 3 years prior to turning 21 (or by the end of the season of their 21st birthday).

Kesler Hayden I think qualifies for both, he only turned 21 a couple of months ago and is a homegrown player. He could either go into the senior A list (as it’s currently not full due to not previously having 4 homegrown players) or the B list for U21 players, it makes no difference in practice this season. 

Tim Iroebunam qualifies for neither, although he’s the right age he hasn’t been at the club for 2 years (he was loaned out) so he’s neither a B list player or a homegrown player, he has to go on the normal player list (he’d be a homegrown country player but that irrelevant as it’s already well covered across the squad). You might be thinking of Kellyman, who joined in March 2022 and therefore will have gained his required 2 years for the B list in March 2024, but it depends on when the squad lists have to be submitted (i.e. if it’s submitted in advance at the end of the Jan transfer window then he probably won’t be eligible). 

If Chambers was de-registered for the squad (i.e. we sold him or just didn’t want to use him) then that creates 1 space for a non-homegrown senior player which could be either Tim Iroegbunam or Kellyman (who was listed as a senior player in the Hibs round), or someone else entirely, and also Kesler can also go in too as an extra player either as an U21 or homegrown senior player.

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Kingman said:

Has to be with the club for 3 years before age of 21 and Tim joined from West Brom so didn't meet criteria. Archer, JJ, JPB etc.. did. It's just Tim doesn't as he was mainly at West Brom 

Wasn't he captain of the youth winning team?  I'd imagine he has the right mentality to make it at this level, weather he has the ability or not.  Be interesting to see if he can push Cash for starts, because I want Konsa back at CB.

13 minutes ago, imavillan said:

interesting what Plymouth are saying

None of its controversial though, just that he was happy and settled there, playing loads and enjoying himself. Got the call and was a bit gutted as presumably got to leave regular playing time and his new mates to come back and sit on the bench (aka “fight for his place”).  It also sounds like Plymouth are a teeny bit sceptical we won’t just send him somewhere else.

Hopefully he does get some minutes and takes his opportunity.

29 minutes ago, imavillan said:

interesting what Plymouth are saying

More than capable IMO, 

I remember watching him a few seasons ago against Man City whilst on loan at Swindon and he didn't look out of place against them 

IIRC think he got MOTM so I'm very excited about him getting a chance with our first team 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kingman said:

More than capable IMO, 

I remember watching him a few seasons ago against Man City whilst on loan at Swindon and he didn't look out of place against them 

IIRC think he got MOTM so I'm very excited about him getting a chance with our first team 

Full game here for the scouts 

Â