Match Thread: LCF: Villa v Man City

limpid

Well there's a glimmer of hope for the second half. Started brightly but then sat back and it become very easy for City, both Targett and Guilbert struggling with how to deal out wide. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I'd put on Keinan for Elmo. Put AEG on the right, hit the ball up to Keinan in the left and work from there.

No AEG much better on the left and no one can cross like Elmo and giving us good balance

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Genuinely don’t get how this half has been embarrassing. We’ve had to contain one of the best sides in the World and, aside from Aguero’s goal, had largely done so. Defending from a corner that shouldn’t have been was really poor... but it shouldn’t have been!

Before the game, I’d have taken going into half time 1 goal down. Just need to create more in the second half. 

It's not embarrassing. 

Its frustrating how easy we allow things at times but I think everyone would have taken being behind by 1 goal at half time. 

Although I would say the defending for the 2nd goal was embarrassing. 

Edited by DCJonah

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Anything good we’ve done has been from wide. Would be utter madness to remove that. 

Yep, and taking protection away from the fullbacks would be suicide, everything they've done has come from wide. 

• Like 1

Just now, VillanousOne said:

VAR doesn't rule on whether a corner is a corner it expects the two match officials to have those things called eyes

Even when the linesman officiating can't see through a player. Absolutely should be quick easy referral on mic 

• Like 1

Target has either not been concentrating or getting no call, ripped every time.

Luiz ? Wtf ? Normal terrible performance with maybe one or two seconds of not being a waste of space, how many wasteful passes or stopping any forward play ?

Elmo drifting inside is also hanging fred.

At the moment, I would be looking at putting another player on and taking off luiz hes been that wasteful with the limited possession we've had.

Another forward on would be my option, but we are not good enough or have anyone commanding that could hold the midfield.

Just pray when we get the ball we try and attack as that's really our only chance.

Samatta ? The guy is a finisher!!!

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Questions need to be asked about VAR. Why couldn’t they rule the goal out due to the corner being incorrectly given. 

Exactly! It's a **** joke. We don't have much of a chance playing against this season's potential European Champions but to give them a corner when it is clearly a goal kick is just taking the piss and pure negligence. VAR is a broken tool to give refs a cop-out. 

• Like 3

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Even when the linesman officiating can't see through a player. Absolutely should be quick easy referral on mic 

They had time after the ball went into the net to double check the corner was legit.

• Thanks 1

We're still in this. Their first was a deflection, their second wasn't a corner and Nyland very very nearly got a hand on it after some poor defending. We can do this still, Luiz screamer, some of Jack's magic. Not impossible.

• Like 1