Match Thread: Southampton v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

I will admit the longer this match has gone on the poorer we have looked. My issue is with people downing tools after 5 minutes.

That was half the team, we just called it out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

At this point, I wonder if Purslow and co are wondering what the **** they were thinking giving Smith a five **** year extension in November.

Smart move lads.

That more was **** ridiculous

Straight out of the Lerner/Xia stupidity playbook

The owners need to take a long hard look at themselves

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

I do suspect Grealish knows he's off and so does the rest of the squad.

Oh stop, there's a thread for that. He's not going anywhere yet.

Putting my tin hat on here, whilst we are obviously playing cack, at times we played some great stuff against spurs in the first half, and that was one game ago. 

We need to make some changes here, and Soton are right up for it, but we spanked Spurs at times. We can still get something out of this.

• Like 1

Just watched that passage of play. We lose the ball in the left wing position. Clear it to the centre forward who is able to gather the ball and retain possession against 3 cbs. Atrocious. Tactics, training, players not good enough?

I'm a Nakamba fan but he has been absolutely turgid today.

Just now, HKP90 said:

Putting my tin hat on here, whilst we are obviously playing cack, at times we played some great stuff against spurs in the first half, and that was one game ago. 

We need to make some changes here, and Soton are right up for it, but we spanked Spurs at times. We can still get something out of this.

This has been the same pattern all season - and to be fair we played well for 30 mins against spurs

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

The doubters been saying this all season, plays to open and can't defend, he won't change. An I will defend Terry, in saying Smith cannot be listening, don't think terry will be with us next season.

I’d put Terry in charge for the rest of this season

Cant be any worse than Smith

He may even have a different idea

• Like 2

Have I really watched a full half of nothingness from Villa, good job I ain't Smith I'd replicate the Fergie boot on someone.

We arnt even pressing them in there half.